• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King cat drop brackets

Jan 5, 2020
Oregon
Been trying to find a set of drop brackets for my 04 kk. And have come up with nothing. Anyone know where to get some? Or have some laying around you don't want? My buddy has a set that if i cant find some i can have copied at a machine shop but will cost twice as much if not more.

horn813

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LaPorte, MN
I’m looking for a set of drop brackets as well put. Preferably the sledjunky ones but the HRP one will work as well.

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
gentlemen, build your own. it is very simple with minimal tools. takes about a day, costs is maybe like 20 bux in material, they work better then either SJ or HRP cause It also will add more rear skid travel. I built about 10 sets of these for all my riding buddies and some of their wives sleds. No issues of any kind with any of them. Between all 10 sleds we have at least 20k miles minimum and probably around 30k miles total on them. My entire group has now sold all of our 1Ms to upgrade but I still see my kits on sleds for sale in my area. It is as simple as it looks in the attached pix. The four brackets you see are 1/8" flat mild steel. It will relive some spring pressure but if needed add taller spring perches. I added taller perches on the 05 600/162, last pic. You will love the way a 1M handles with this kit.

The only inconvenience is about 5% of terrain will bring the rail tips into a very slight contact with the 3.0 pitch stock drivers. You won't feel it but you will hear a slight contact noise. It was never really an issue but i did take a little material off of the plastic rail tips on a couple of them just to make the noise go away. We never ran anti stab kits on any of them, there is simply not enough room between the tips and drivers to stab a track. let me know your thoughts?

20151214_105231.jpg 20151214_105248.jpg IMGP0728.JPG 20200227_204027.jpeg

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
not particularly, that's why i attached the pix. it's pretty simple to do. the rear arm bottom bolt goes to the existing rail hole where the stop bar is currently located. the bracket moves the stop cross bar up and forward to its position relative to the bottom rear arm. The front of the rear swing assembly simply goes straight up approximately 3.25 inches. you will have to use some 3/8 washers to space for the rail width. remove the idler wheels and cut 2 plastic sleeves to replace them.

Ol* Geezer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
When I had a kk I dropped it at the tunnel brackets. I just made a plate for the inside with lower holes. Very easy to do.

horn813

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LaPorte, MN
I’ve got a set of Sledjunky drop brackets I might not be using. I’ve been looking for a set of the HRP drop brackets as they are perfect for dropping a M-series skid into a King Cat.

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
ok Mattt, where are you at? If you are not to far away and we can get your sled to my house i will build a set and install them for you for $250. Keep in mind im not really looking for another project but will do it for $250 . let me know. im in kalispell

horn813

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LaPorte, MN
I’d be willing to part with mine. They are the older style Sledjunky drops that re-use your upper rear arm idler bearings to guide the track. I’d like to get $125 plus shipping for them. I have everything in a box along with the complete instructions. Let me know if you’re interested.

Premium Features