• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kevlar Polaris Big Block Water Pump Belts are in!!

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Ok, guys, finally got the first batch of kevlar water pump belts in.

Just to make sure everyone is on the right page, these are a replacement for Polaris part number 2201821 which retails for $46.54. The stock belt is a fiberglass reinforced piece, these are kevlar reinforced. They are made by Gates. They fit the Polaris 600/700/800 big block motors. I have checked a sampling of the first order on an '04 800 and they fit perfectly.

My price on these belts is $25/each or $22.50/each for 3 or more which includes shipping to anywhere in the US or Canada. I'll even ship them to the Bahamas if you need one there I guess. :)

At the risk of this being a bit chaotic, I am going to ask that you do the following to order them from me.

1 - Send me a pm stating your name, address and how many you want.
2 - I will reply with payment options for you. I'll be taking paypal or check/money order.
3 - I'll fill out the queue in the order that the PMs arrive in.
4 - I will reserve the number you request for 1 week to allow for payment to arrive. If payment doesn't arrive then you'll give up your place in the queue in the event that I have more orders than I have belts available.

I have 30 available currently, more to arrive (supposedly) in the next 3 weeks. If I get orders for the first 30, I'll suspend order taking until the next batch arrives.

I know some of you have spoken for belts in past posts or have sent me PMs. Please re-send those PMs as I can't find an easy way to sort through all the PMs I've received to pick you guys out and I'm afraid I may miss someone.

I'll ship your order when payment clears.

I'm located in Salt Lake City, Utah and will be shipping via USPS.

sled_guy

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
That's a screaming deal even if they weren't Kevlar. I don't think you'll have any problems selling them all at that price. Thanks for sticking your neck out to get these made. :beer;:beer;:beer;

Last edited:

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Are the kevlar belts better than the stock ones at polaris for $50?

I don't know the answer to that. The specs show them to be 30% or so stronger than the fiberglass ones, but usually the failures I've had with these belts have been things like pull rope breaking and getting pulled inside and then causing it to fail or the likes. I don't think kevlar is going to make any difference in that situation.

sled_guy

Last edited:

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Sorry guys, I am all out of water pump belts.

Thinking about ordering some more... will decide next week, but the lead time is 6 weeks.

sled_guy

polaris bob

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 16, 2002
Michigan
Does anyone have an extra one that they are willing to sell until the next order comes in, if they do come in????

I got a motor torn down right now for an unplanned rebuild and would love to install one of these belts while its down???

Thanks Bob

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
More belts

Ok, guys, new batch arrived today. Same deal as last time.

sled_guy

$25 each for 1 or 2, $22.50 each for 3 or more. Paypal to sled_guy@yahoo.com or check to:
Dan Canfield
12144 S 3150 W
Riverton, Utah 84065

F
Mar 5, 2010
Mine broke at 18,000 miles and locked up the motor (drives oil pump also), so you boys better be changing them at around 10,000.

Dick

Premium Features