• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IS 2024 going to be worth the wait?

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
3 options? Or is the series 8 the shortest lived track we've seen?

I would hope the boost isn't maxed out in current state. I imagine Polaris will turn up the boost before they go to the 9R Boost

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
They need to do something for the boost, even with a 20hp tune, I can still out climb them on the gen5 turbo. And have better response.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Polaris shouldn't do anything new
They should fix all there issues and get people sleds for 24
They are complete garbage. Guys 9r made it 73 miles. Buddy had trouble with his 23 boost. Wiring harness is complete garbage. 23 flash must be great. Buddy's 22 would beat it. Guy helping fix it already fixed 3 others. 3 broken wires. My buddy's still isn't running right. Must have more broken wires.
Gen5 do have more power but polaris kills them in tight trees. I think they trench more now than they used to. Have to really be on top of your game in sugar snow.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Polaris shouldn't do anything new
They should fix all there issues and get people sleds for 24
They are complete garbage. Guys 9r made it 73 miles. Buddy had trouble with his 23 boost. Wiring harness is complete garbage. 23 flash must be great. Buddy's 22 would beat it. Guy helping fix it already fixed 3 others. 3 broken wires. My buddy's still isn't running right. Must have more broken wires.
Gen5 do have more power but polaris kills them in tight trees. I think they trench more now than they used to. Have to really be on top of your game in sugar snow.
Between youtube, facebook, and instagram there appears to be no shortage of issues.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
They need to do something for the boost, even with a 20hp tune, I can still out climb them on the gen5 turbo. And have better response.
They really need to work on the initial throttle response. If you hop on a doo from a dead stop and wick the throttle quickly to move the sled 5’ it runs and responds super quick and extremely clean. Do the same on a boost and it’s not even close to being as responsive or clean running. When Polaris announced the boost, throttle response was the thing they bragged about. They haven’t even come remotely close to delivering any kind of throttle response. Down low these things are slobbering pigs at the trough.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
They really need to work on the initial throttle response. If you hop on a doo from a dead stop and wick the throttle quickly to move the sled 5’ it runs and responds super quick and extremely clean. Do the same on a boost and it’s not even close to being as responsive or clean running. When Polaris announced the boost, throttle response was the thing they bragged about. They haven’t even come remotely close to delivering any kind of throttle response. Down low these things are slobbering pigs at the trough.
They will never be like a Doo with the current motor… NA 850 Patriot vs NA 850 Etec is the same story.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Spring checked a 23 boost and still isnt here yet. Unplanned, bought the wife a 22 NA 850 that will maybe trade on it (if it ever gets here) and get her a 24...maybe but I will not spring check another. Expect to see a significant inflationary price hike on 24's. If you like something in a 23 that is a limited allocation unit, I would grab it now. Not only will it cost more for a 24 but who knows when you'll get it despite any promise to deliver the blow up your azz.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I'm stuck in this boat too. Trying to decide if I buy flashed 2022, 2023 boost, or G5... decisions decisions. Thought I had a 2022 doo locked up, but seller stopped responding LOL. Unsure if I want to even bother going 2021 or 2022 doo turbo

N
Aug 26, 2018

My 22 boost went down on me in Alpine last year. Troy at LCC got me running again thankfully. I went back out this year and there were a few boosts down while I was there again ( only one of them was at LCC getting worked on ) Luckily this time I wasn’t one of them. When were you there?

We come out from upstate NY once per year.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My 22 boost went down on me in Alpine last year. Troy at LCC got me running again thankfully. I went back out this year and there were a few boosts down while I was there again ( only one of them was at LCC getting worked on ) Luckily this time I wasn’t one of them. When were you there?

We come out from upstate NY once per year.
Just got home

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
They will never be like a Doo with the current motor… NA 850 Patriot vs NA 850 Etec is the same story.
I agree the doo has wicked throttle response but an 18 800 axys with a Silber turbo has better throttle response than the boost does without even having the advantage of the reed cages in the airbox. Polaris really needs to trim back the fuel coming off idle to clean up the bottom end. It's hard to understand why they won't clean up that area of the mapping.

Premium Features