• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IS 2024 going to be worth the wait?

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
There are a lot of 2023 snowchecks sitting at dealers right now that people bailed on. What is your opinion? Pick one up or wait for 2024 Snowcheck? What will 2024 bring?

I think 2024 will be just BNG but maybe they are actually going to do something about the brake issue instead of just a band-aid. Anything coming that we don't know about? Opinions? Let's hear them

C
Dec 14, 2020
Pick up one of the 23s. The sled in your garage is way easier to ride than the one not delivered...

I have noticed a few local dealers have sleds but won't put them on their websites. Makes me think they don't want their pee pee slapped by Polaris finding out they may have ordered them for stock.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Pick up one of the 23s. The sled in your garage is way easier to ride than the one not delivered...

I have noticed a few local dealers have sleds but won't put them on their websites. Makes me think they don't want their pee pee slapped by Polaris finding out they may have ordered them for stock.
Ya pretty strange how every dealer in the province was out of allocations within minutes of SC opening. and now literally every dealer has upwards of 6 of each boost and 9R on the floor from "backouts"..

R
Dec 24, 2008
i wonder if the 'ol days will be reborn where dealers will be fire saleing these pigs off just to get them off the line of credit. don't expect any help from polaris as far as rebates go though.

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
Was 2022 or 2023!! not really so don't expect miracles. Be lucky if the stop rides come to an end and they can actually deliver the 2024's.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I am one of those that backed out of my snow check. I didn’t snow check a sled to get it March 1. Polaris is offering $750 rebate and extends warranty till Jan 26’. I plan to keep riding my 22 unless I find a great deal.

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah

Anyone gets a good pee pee Slapping I hope it’s Polaris. I know I’m taking my pee pee Ski-Dooin next year which I thought I would ever do.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
I am just snow checking a year early. If it comes in late, it's on time. If it comes in early, sick.

I'd pick up a holdover but I like to buy from my dealer to get in front of the service line if needed. They don't have any 9R 155 2.75 so ordering it is the only way to get it

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I think most Boosts and 9Rs at dealers now are actually backouts. Seems like a ton of snowchecks showed up around the first of February and guys already found a replacement for that snowcheck.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Dealers were telling people sorry last March that they were out of allocations. Nobody was snowchecking for floor models. If the manufacturers did a better job on getting the sleds on the snow the year before for people to try, I think they would do better selling these sleds. I'm always surprised how many guys haven't tried a 9R or Boost yet. If they knew how good these sleds were it would help alleviate the pain of getting sleds late. Guys are just getting frustrated and giving up.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
My guess is the 9 Boost coming for snowcheck 24.
I'd guess we'll see 9 Boost for 2025.

Probably lots of BNGs and a few other doo dads for 2024. And maybe, hopefully, some refinements and improvements to the things that currently suck.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Haha! Well my wife settled the issue! 2024 Snowcheck for her! I snowchecked a 2022 so it is her turn. She wants to pick her own stuff so end of discussion! Doesn't even want to consider looking at the back outs! And dealers around here have plenty. Our dealer only had 4 or 5 back out (a couple Doos as well) but at least one other dealer has them in the double digits. And our dealer is still waiting on one 850 that hasn't shown up.
When does snowcheck start? Guess my wife will be one of the ones waiting next winter! Meanwhile of course we won't be selling her current ride until her new one is in the trailer. Here's hoping they have some cool colors because I doubt there'll be much else that changes.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I my area/snow conditions the boost, even 23 are still having low fuel issues. I think polaris needs to fix the issue before adding new models.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I know a guy that knows a guy and I'd bet on there not being a 9R Boost for 24. However, I am guessing there will be 2 new tracks to choose from. One being a 3.25" for all those "longer is better" guys.

Premium Features