• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQ vs IQR

S
Oct 7, 2010
Alaska
I was just curious as to your opinions on what sled is better in the mountains? Assuming that the IQR is converted to be sa mountain sled.

I have read that the IQR is tougher, but how does it handle in the snow compared to the IQ. What differences are there? Different motors? I have not looked into the IQRs much because I'm not into racing but just got curious.

Thanks

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
IMO, after running an IQR for 2 years in the mountains, i prefer my IQ. When equally equipped, i like how the IQ handles in the air. It seems more flick able, and it is easier to work on alot of the things. Also, you can find parts when you brake them. The IQR is a lot stronger chassis, and you have a better balance of the sled. Rarely did i feel out of control with my IQR like i do on my IQ (except in the air)

To each his own.

Last edited:
S

skyler.hager

Oct 13, 2009
id agree...id go with the IQ in the mtns. I had a long-tracked IQR last year, and there was a few things i noticed that was different from my friends 700 dragon.

first big thing was the attack angle of the track. unless you drop/roll the chaincase or put an ez-ryde on it, the attack angle is too steep to float. it claws thru the snow well, but it slows you down a lot when you get off another track.

Second is how easy they are to turn. the spindles on the mtn sleds are swept back more, so its a bit easier to turn. not as responsive, but it is a difference.

Finally, the IQR chassis is a lot stiffer and more repsonsive... you can really feel any input and it transfers it right to the ground. this is really good for int he trees, i thought.

Premium Features