• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Introducing myself

P
Nov 5, 2010
Hello, I am new to this forum and learning the ropes so to speak. I live in Wyoming and own property in the NW part of the state and ride the Continental Divide area. We sure are hoping for better snow this year than last

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Wyoming

I'm from MN but we go out west once a season, late Feb. Usually stay in Pinedale and ride out of Cora or Daniel/Blind Bull/Greys River. Have been to the Hot Springs between Bondurant and Hoback Jct.

Last year we stayed in Saratoga and rode the Snowies and Sierra Madres before going down to Grand Lake.

I'm jealous of your being able to live in that area.

SnoWest highlighted Bedford in their mag. Any comments? Can I ride it from the Box Y/Greys River trail out of Alpine or do I need to drive to Bedford to gain access?

P
Nov 5, 2010
We ride the Togwotee and Union Pass areas don't venture that far west. Sometimes the snowies but since we have a second home in Dubios, Wy we leave our sleds there. Love the Little Devils Basin area great snow and rarely see someone. We used to ride over to Cora but last year were told The Place was not open and always have to get gas there. Plus there wasn't enough snow to go across the top.

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Dubois

So where is Little Devil's Basin? Do you take one of the roads west on the way to Togwotee?

We've been to the Line Shack, the top of the mtn with the big radar on it (Lava?)

We always hit really poor snow as we get close to the road that goes down into the Line Shack.

One area we have never ridden is north of the pass parking lots.

I read here too that The Place wasn't open. Good food but I would say that I would't drive that far from Pinedale to ride in that area as it's always windy, cold, and the off trail is non-existent until you get to that area by the warming shack.

Premium Features