• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

installing big block VES into 600 RAW Rmk

B
Nov 21, 2005
9 Mile Falls, WA
I'm seriously looking at doing this transplant and would like some advice from those that have done it. I know SLP makes the single pipe for this transplant and I can reflash the 600's ignition with the correct timing curve, but am looking for more info on mounting the engine, i.e. whose mounts did you use (any fabrication involved, or bolt in and go), and what about cooling, plug in and go or will I be fabricating. I know I will be on my own for an airbox. Also wondering about DET, the 600 box has it, they transplant engine doesn't (it's an 02) what will it entail to use det on the transplant big block.
Please give as much detail as possible. Thanks!

squillus

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 5, 2002
Nebraska
I know Sandy at Buckys polaris did one last year , they are in Pinedale, Wy. It looked real clean, and had slp race twins in it... Give him a call..

G
Nov 26, 2007
Ronald,WA
everything is available from carls cycle, 600 cooling system works real good, minor cutting of the chassis, 10 5/8" center distance belt, smaller oil bottle.

stock 800 in Iq with twins-about 1800.00
685 or 727- about 1800( more bang for your buck)
910 in Iq-( priceless)

Roundy800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Minnesota
I"ve done one for myself and one for Old Focker. I had Brad Wursten (power addiction) build me motor plates, used two 90 durometer motor mounts in stock front locations. And three stock motor mounts in rear. cutting of bulkhead is nessesary and welding support back in for strengh. I mounted the motors low for a lower center of gravity and I use the stock belts. The SLP pipe works good you must weld tabs on and ceramic coat it. The oil pump gets a little hairy but can be done. DET who needs it. Put reverse on it. All you need is a flywheel. K&Ns with sno chargers work just fine.

Roundy800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Minnesota
Had to cut the bulk head in the waterpump area to get enough room. Than welded a stiffener back in for stength. Also welded 1/4" x 3" strap where rear motor mounts go for more strength.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
03 800 in 06 IQ chassis

I put an 03 800 w a turbo in an 06 IQ chassis. Holz makes a motor plate specifically for this and SLP makes a pipe for it. You can reflash the box for a different timing curve. I swapped the exhaust valve bellows off of the 600 onto the 800 and everything was a plug and play including the DET and reverse. You can install a later model head from slp onto your older motor and add the DET sensor if you want to add it. You don't have to cut the chassis to make it fit. You have to cut the chassis if you want to run the oil injection. Drill a couple of holes and premix your oil and gas and it isnt issue about cutting the chassis.

Only running 9 psi but working on more as I get all of the bugs worked out.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t209/idasnogoer/motor3.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t209/idasnogoer/turbo2.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t209/idasnogoer/motor1.jpg

Premium Features