• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Install of BD turbo on 09 rmk 800

M
Dec 11, 2007
This really wasn't as hard as what it seemed like, if you are a little bit michanicly inclined, i think you could do it. Like Jermey said the hardest part was the wiring for the TBAP sensor but, a couple beers down and a long day made it kinda hard to figure out. Looking back on it this morning, it was pretty simple and very straight foward. I thought one of the hardest things of the night was craming all the wiring harnesses in under the stock plastic tool holder abover the cluches. Wish i would have got a picture of Jermeys face when we were taking the plasma cutter to his brand new sled, that had 0.0 hours on it thought, it was priceless.

T
Jan 19, 2008
Hinton
Haha nice scott!

I'm wondering about that hole in the tunnel for the exhaust, will the pipe be rattling around in there? Would a guy be able to use the grommet off of the stock exhaust outlet to make a cleaner and better sealed outlet?
Why did boondocker choose this route?
Can you still run the outlet through the bellypan like they used to?

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
The outlet pipe on the turbo's can't have any snow plugging them up makes for a bad bogging condition. In the tunnel this is solved also these sleds need all the noise reduction they can get so the tunnel helps with this as well.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i will be making an aluminum bracket to rivet onto the hole to seal it up flush to the pipe. the pipe will not rattle around at all its about as solid as it gets.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Greats pics.....nice job. Let us know how the first grass run goes, no way you'll wait for snow....right? Thanks. EW

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
lol... its killing me having it sittin in the shop. we drove up to the blues yesterday (closest area to town that we ride) and it was tryin to spit snow... shouldnt be more than 2-3 weeks before theres enough up there to road ride

charlie99

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SL
Is there no blow off valve on these kits? Also what are the two smaller holes on top of the air box for?

charlie99

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SL
Is there any fuel pressure regulator to be installed on the boondocker kit?

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i found it wierd there was no blow off valve as well... when i called Bd they told me they tried it with and with out the blov and found the throttle response crisper with out it. and honestly it sounds sweet not having one when the wastegate lets go of the excess pressure.

charlie99

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SL
It wouldn't be your wastegate because that is on the exhaust side, It is probably the boost pressure coming back out the air filter, which is probably putting the turbo into a stall, which is not good for the turbo.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
the two smaller holes on top of the air box are BD's mess up, they quit that half way through production. i got the shaft cuz they sent me an old box... they are caped with copper plugs

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
It wouldn't be your wastegate because that is on the exhaust side, It is probably the boost pressure coming back out the air filter, which is probably putting the turbo into a stall, which is not good for the turbo.

you need to check your facts and do a little more research before you post things like that. that is 100% wrong. they call it a waste gate for a reason. it wastes the excess boost pressure. not having a blow off valve causes more pressure to go through the wastegate... which makes a louder hissing noise when i let off the throttle coming out of boost. and it sounds fricken AWESOME

Premium Features