• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Info please!

L
Alright so I have a 2005 m7 efi and my question is, is there and pipe/pipes that I can get that require no fussing with the efi?
And if there is what are the power gains like?
Oh and I ride at around 7000 plus elevation
Thanks in advance

Levi

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
The jaws twins can be run on the stock 2005 m7 without a fuel control box as well as a speedwerx single. This is if you still have the stock mapping on your ecu and not had it reprogramed to 2006 specifications. The 2005 mapping on the m7 was way rich so jaws even says on their website that you will be ok.

The speedwerx single will show no gain, just weight loss. The twin jaws I think advertise 14 hp and when I put them on mine I could tell a difference , just don't know if it was 14 hp worth:)

B

BPTURBO

Nov 27, 2007
Lake Tahoe, CA
I ran the speedwerx single, can and V Force reeds for 3 years on stock mapping. most of the gain was in the wieght loss, but it did help with the rich factory satting and ran alot better than stock.

L
The jaws twins can be run on the stock 2005 m7 without a fuel control box as well as a speedwerx single. This is if you still have the stock mapping on your ecu and not had it reprogramed to 2006 specifications. The 2005 mapping on the m7 was way rich so jaws even says on their website that you will be ok.

The speedwerx single will show no gain, just weight loss. The twin jaws I think advertise 14 hp and when I put them on mine I could tell a difference , just don't know if it was 14 hp worth:)

No I have not updated the mapping, but ok
lets say I do get fuel box
what one is easy to use?
I want my sled to have more getup and go but I like the idea of just gas and go, not constantly pissin around with the settings
thanks guys
Levi

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
For no fuss engine mods, go with a speedwerx pipe. But honestly, if you haven't touched your clutches I would seriously consider an RKT torsional conversion. Or for less $$ you can run a shift assist and different spring in the secondary.

B
I ran the Speedwerx single with their can on mine and I noticed a lot better response, but mine had been stock for a while so of course the first mod felt way different than normal. No BD box or anything, it ran great.

Premium Features