• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I was worried that this would happen

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
:mad:I have an 08 m1000 that ran great, beyond great! had the reflash and it turned my beloved sled into a m6, I mean my buddies m7 is killing me now!! I was beating him hands down before this. I have a huge fattness in the mid range and lost all my top end, down about 500 RPM. I have put the sled back to stock and it still sux.

so my ? is, can I cure this with a pipe and fuel controller? was the reflash just a fuel adjustment? (as far as just the reflash goes) and what pipes and controllers are working good with the update? how much power do you feel like you gained? do you have to screw with your controller much after the inital tune?

any input would be great, I hate my sled right now!!:beer;

R

rigrat

Apr 19, 2008
Alberta
Did you get the rest of the updates or just the flash? Mine ran poorly until adding the airbox update. Still not perfect but it is better.

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
Have your dealer check your fuel pressure. You may need a fuel regulator or a control box. Report your findings. This should be a quick and easy check.

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
I dropped the sled off this morning.;)
point is; it is a stock sled under warranty and I shouldn't have to buy aftermarket parts to fix their screw up, and neither should my dealer!! and if I have to run a fuel controller, you better believe that there will be a turbo along with it. I just wanted a nice stock sled for a change, not to have to have it in my shop every week, just get on and ride (and occasional maitenance) and Arctic Cat has taken that away from me. if I'm going to do mods and work on it every week, it might as well have a turbo and be worth the hassle. this seld was AWESOME before the update!!! I was happy with it, but I am not very happy with it now.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Just had a friend get the 09 update on his 1000 and it ran flawless. Make sure the dealer did all the updates and not just the reflash.

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
yep

I have the same problem I dont know what the cure is.its fat in the mid

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
Has anyone called Arctic Cat and complained? When I called they said that no one was having any problems and there was no reason for a fix. I asked for my old flash back and was said it could not be done. I talked with my dealer in great length after the update and his hands are tied as far going back to prior map (AC won't allow).

I have the same problem with my 07 M1000. It ran great until this update (all updates were done). Low RPM bog, lost 400 RPM and acts like plug fouling when let off after full throttle climb. Will lose 550 egt temp on one cylinder after climb. EGT temp will steadily increase to 1100 degrees as I accelerate until 6000 RPM, then egt temps will fall back to 960 to 1020. Terrible on gas. Same ride as I did before the reflash and used three more gallons of gas.

There is no reason to have to spend additonal money on a stock sled to get it to run correctly (BD Box).

Most of us did the reflash ad updates because of AC letter threatning warranty issues. I have never been so unhappy with a great running sled that turned into a real dog!

If you have not done so call Arctic Cat and let them know that there is a problem.

this sux! got a phone # for Artic Cat?

S
Apr 1, 2002
Sandy, UT
Arctic Cat's phone number 800-279-0179 and ask for Customer Service. They will either transfer you or give you a another direct number. They will try to give you the run around, but make sure they understand that this update is unacceptable for those of us that are having issues with it.

J
Jun 22, 2008
Livermore, CA
Has anyone called Arctic Cat and complained? When I called they said that no one was having any problems and there was no reason for a fix. I asked for my old flash back and was said it could not be done. I talked with my dealer in great length after the update and his hands are tied as far going back to prior map (AC won't allow).

I have the same problem with my 07 M1000. It ran great until this update (all updates were done). Low RPM bog, lost 400 RPM and acts like plug fouling when let off after full throttle climb. Will lose 550 egt temp on one cylinder after climb. EGT temp will steadily increase to 1100 degrees as I accelerate until 6000 RPM, then egt temps will fall back to 960 to 1020. Terrible on gas. Same ride as I did before the reflash and used three more gallons of gas.

There is no reason to have to spend additonal money on a stock sled to get it to run correctly (BD Box).

Most of us did the reflash and updates because of the AC letter threatning warranty issues. I have never been so unhappy with a great running sled that turned into a real dog!

If you have not done so call Arctic Cat and let them know that there is a problem.

Yeah- x2... what a load of CRAP! Don't even get me started on the DD & belt/clutching issues...

Customer service? What customer service????? The latest update kit has been on back order since it was posted about here on SW...

$12K for a sled that won't run correctly or last for 1000 miles? What a joke!

Yup, I just can't wait to snowcheck another new CAT.... like that's ever gonna happen. Back to Poo for my next new sled.

-Jeff

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
If the sleds are stock as stated I just can't think of another variable that makes sense. My bet is the fuel pressure is either too high or too low in some cases causing these issues. It's an easy check and then at least you have some facts to work with. Is everyone running 87 octane as recommended by AC? Just throwing ideas out there.

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
reflash

This is so confusing to me. Half of the guys got the reflash and love it, and the other half got it and hate it. I had mine updated when I bought it, and run it against my buddy's M1000 identical other than the update, and it stomps him to death every day. Mine runs phenomenal. No bog, no pops, just flat out rips. Only mod is a can. I wonder why this is such a win/loose lottery update? Talk to racinstation, see what he thinks.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
If your sled is STOCK and under warranty then keep taking it to the dealer and demand your issues be resolved!
Especially if it ran great before and now its a turd.
My 08 ran great before the reflash and is even better now.

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
sounds like this is gonna take time...........................................................
season is comming to a halt sometime soon, I don't wanna be down!!!!

S
Nov 27, 2008
:mad:I have an 08 m1000 that ran great, beyond great! had the reflash and it turned my beloved sled into a m6, I mean my buddies m7 is killing me now!! I was beating him hands down before this. I have a huge fattness in the mid range and lost all my top end, down about 500 RPM. I have put the sled back to stock and it still sux.

so my ? is, can I cure this with a pipe and fuel controller? was the reflash just a fuel adjustment? (as far as just the reflash goes) and what pipes and controllers are working good with the update? how much power do you feel like you gained? do you have to screw with your controller much after the inital tune?

any input would be great, I hate my sled right now!!:beer;

The 09 program is pig rich at lower elevations, it sucks!

Premium Features