• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Huge issue?

My buddy went to pick up his 2022 Khaos 155 sled 2 days ago and the dealer said not to take it because all the new polaris models with the 2022 patriot 850 are being sent back to the manufacturer. He said the whole sled has to be shipped back to get engines replaced! This was verified by two separate dealers.

Does anyone have more information about what part in the engine will cause a fleet wide recall?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It is not fleet-wide, small amount affected.
Feeling positive, all three brands going to be full on the snow by December 1st!!! Lol.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
According to this they’re waiting on a part or two most likely computer chips.

I think the motor thing is a hoax I haven’t even heard of any snow checks being shipped. I think Ski Doo is shipping sleds to dealers but they need parts to be complete probably also chips

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
As of Saturday, I was told they expect to be REPLACING all of the new engines, and NOT allowing the dealers to simply "Fix" them.
But, they were not expecting to ship the entire sled back to the factory.

The expectation was that new engines would be provided to the dealerships and they would R&R them.

However, this may well still be up in the air pending a final determination from Polaris Corp.

Either way.
MAJOR FAIL on Polaris Corp from quality Control.
This is going to cost them dearly..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Damn glad I found one of the last hold over 21 Kahos 155's in my area.

I heard it was something with the bearing being pressed on to far?
Wonder what changed in the tooling that made that a problem.
Have NOT heard anything "Definitive" as to what the issue is for certain as yet.

Sure do hope its something the local dealers can fix though.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
0667ade4a5fce18893e55eb2ae508e03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
was at my dealer yesterday and there were two '22 pro rmk's on the floor. salesman said both were having their engines pulled and replaced.
that's ridiculous. i'd expect some extra warranty or something plus i'd hit the trails for a day to do make sure all is well before taking one of those into the backcountry.

Premium Features