• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hps silencer???

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
gone sleddin how did you flow test the two silencers. I would be curious to know the numbers also. I was wondering if you gain or loose rpm with the hps can and stock pipe on the 09 d8

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
How does the HPS can compare to the SLP can for sound? I have a SLP can on my 08 600 rmk now but want something a little louder. Should I go with a HPS, MBRP, or the Super Q silencer. Any comments welcome.

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
I have the HPS can on my 09 D800 and it 's a little quiet for me coming off a 800 doo with a B&B stinger.Otherwise fit and finish is real nice.Haven't had a chance to lay it over and hear it echo off the trees with the exhaust side in the air,love that sound!!

G
Sep 1, 2008
gone sleddin how did you flow test the two silencers. I would be curious to know the numbers also. I was wondering if you gain or loose rpm with the hps can and stock pipe on the 09 d8

Scott has a flow machine in his shop. connect both ends of the can and add air. There is a flow gauge on the side that gives you your numbers. I don't remember excatly what the numbers were but they were close. I have been riding anywhere from 7,000 to 10,500 and have seen 8250 on my R's at these altitudes. The way he builds his cans is for improving the mid-range bog that you can see with the stock set-up. As I said earlier the weight savings is huge and after riding it the last few weeks the sound is awesome! At idle it has a real nice throaty sound and when you get on the pipe it really sings. Like other guys have said the craftsmanship is excellent as well as the customer service. I ride with guys on Cats as well as Doos and this can sounds awesome on those sleds as well.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
Scott has a flow machine in his shop. connect both ends of the can and add air. There is a flow gauge on the side that gives you your numbers. I don't remember excatly what the numbers were but they were close. I have been riding anywhere from 7,000 to 10,500 and have seen 8250 on my R's at these altitudes. The way he builds his cans is for improving the mid-range bog that you can see with the stock set-up. As I said earlier the weight savings is huge and after riding it the last few weeks the sound is awesome! At idle it has a real nice throaty sound and when you get on the pipe it really sings. Like other guys have said the craftsmanship is excellent as well as the customer service. I ride with guys on Cats as well as Doos and this can sounds awesome on those sleds as well.

What i don't understand is if the SLP and HPS cans flow about the same.....how can the SLP pipe/HPS can combo really be any worse than the SLP/SLP? Guess only a DYNO will tell us for sure.

S
Oct 7, 2008
Durango, Co
i got a 09 assult 8 on sat and rode on sunday 80 miles the sled is awsome but i was wondering if its fuel injected someone could make an aftermarket chip for it right. like on most cars, a chip overrides factory emission controls and could give you a bunch more power. is there such a thing and how much HP gain do you get from a can like everyone is talking about? Had lots of sleds but havent played with the cans much because i ride with my dad and he doesent want to piss off the skiers with super loud pipes.

T
Oct 25, 2011
Wolverton, MN
Not knowing much about HPS, I was just wondering if they made cans for models other than polaris? I noticed in the snowest Dec. '10 issue that the 'project CHR' sled used an HPS can that dropped 18 lbs roughly. I am looking for one to put on my 08 M1000.
Thanks

Premium Features