• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hps silencer???

B
Nov 28, 2007
Laramie, wy
You can go to thier website teamhps.com but they will give you a phone number and there you can order them. The only bad thing that i have ever heard bad about hps was weak welds in first gen models, but they were always warrentied by scott at hps. As far as sound and weight loss hps is second to none. I ride at 10000+ and HPS is one of the only cans that i will use. Had problems with D and D creating a high altitude bog. As far as voiding warrenty, if you have a good dealer there shouldnt be a problem.

Last edited:
P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Sledhead, have you tried and HPS can with an SLP pipe? Scott hasn't dynoed this and doesn't want to tread on SLP, which I respect him for that. He said he hasn't talked to anyone who had that combo, and thought it felt poor. And he knows of numerous customers doing it.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
SLP/HPS is what we run on our 700 and it is awesome.
I bought the SLP combo last year for my 09 and was trying to sell my SLP can to buy an HPS. That's when I started running across some info. on here about loss of power with the SLP/HPS combo on the 800's. Seems like Sawyer had some good info. but I could be wrong. Was a while ago.
In the meantime I'll try to find some old Post Info.

G
Sep 1, 2008
I put a HPS can on my 09 D8. Sounds great in the shop now we just need snow so I can really hear what it will sound like. One of the guys I ride put one on his 08 M8 and man does it sound great! Not real loud but has a great tone and the weight savings is great. Also Scott and I pulled my stock can off as soon as I got my new sled and flow tested both of them for a comparison. I don't remember excatly what the numbers were but if anyone is interested I will find them out again. The weight savings was just over 10lbs. can to can

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
I love the HPS sound. We've had people flag us down to ask what pipe or can my wife is running. I also put some HPS cans on my relatives sleds and the sound is so unique I can always tell when they are nearing our cabin.:D
I really do hope they have it dialed in, and have the correct back pressure.;)

Rooster Built

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
The mountains of WA, OR, ID, BC
We have sold a bunch of the HPS cans for the Dragon 800's and we have heard nothing but positive comments about them. They have been used on 08 and 09's with no issues that we have been told about. Just remember, if installing on an 08 make sure that you use heat tape on the chaincase cover or replace the cover with an 09 or billet one from Fastrax or Avid.

Rooster Built LLC
"where fast becomes faster"

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
Probly no change in RPM, but when my 05 900 first came out I used an HPS can with the stock pipe and it worked awesome wouldn't run any other can but with the stock pipe set up, had the best response however running the SLP pipe/can combo.

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
i'll be gettin my stock 07 700 in the nextday or so. I rode it all day today and it wasnt bad but i think i might want a little more from it. What should i do to it? It was pullin about 7300-7500rpm. does this seem low?

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
That seems really low? I haven't owned a D700 or newer but seems it should be around the 8200-8300 RPM range. Do you know anything about it? as far as clutching and gearing?

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
The sled is completely stock. I am sure nothing has been Changed. I will have the sled tomorrow at my house. It has high miles and i will be putting pistons in it. I was wondering why it was so low. My 04 800 runs 8200-8300 rpm.

Premium Features