• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How To Make Side Vents for $30

I have always wanted vented side panels but i cant see paying $75 or more per side. So i decided to make my very own vents. I'm currently in the process but i thought others might want to make their own as well. So here is how i decided to go about it. Ill try uploading pictures as well and if they don't work if i can send them to someone for them to throw on here would be great!

1. Materials from the store, you will need a mesh material (i used high strength door screen), either ABS board or a thin Plexiglas, spray paint color of your choice, a type of silicone, rivets and washers, and patience!

2. A design you feel is bad@$$ (i went with a simple AC skull logo)

3. Cut out your design so that it has pieces that will still be attached to the plexiglas ( example shown in pictures)

4. Prep your side panels as in remove any stickers or insulation on the panels

5. Carefully cut out a piece of plexiglas with a jigsaw that fits inside the indentation on the panels

6. Cut out the same design of the mesh material. IF you want a colored mesh now is the time to spray paint it so its ready by the time we need to glue it.

7. Tape your design onto the plexi and trace out the parts you will be cutting out. Make sure to keep any cut items 1 inch away from the edges!

8. Cut out your design with the jig saw. Drill holes in spaces so that your saw can cut the material. You can also cut it with exacto knives but its as slow as melting snow when its -30 outside.

9. Make design slots for more air to travel through the panel (I just made mine simple squares that follow a border of 1 inch

10. Take your side panels and drill holes in them. Make sure to stay at least a 1/2 inch away from one another and also a 3/4 inch hole seems to be a good size to use

11. Take the plexi and glue the mesh material to that and let dry for whatever recommended time.

12. Drill holes (the same size of your rivets) around the 1 inch border on the plexiglas while its on the panel. (best to make one hole then rivet the plexi then the opposite side to keep from moving)

13. Clean up the damn mess because its a decent size project once you get into it.

I will be posting more pictures of when i complete this and on the sled as well! if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me or what not! I'd also love to see other people's designs if anyone decides to make their own.

IMG_1625.jpg IMG_1624.jpg IMG_1626.jpg IMG_1627.jpg IMG_1628.jpg IMG_1629.jpg

Premium Features