• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to clear a ECU code?

B

BCP

Feb 26, 2008
Bay City
I have a x-fire 1000 and this past weekend I had the ECU code 17 come up. This is the code for a exhaust temp sensor, so being that it is not stock, the warranty was gone so I purchased a new probe. Once the probe was installed the ECU # stayed on all of the time unlike the old one that just poped up every now and then.

So does anyone know how to clear the code out to see if the new probe is working. D&D told me to hook it to a analyzer, yet the closest dealer that has one of those is 150 miles away and I would like to save some time and money.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

R
Dec 9, 2007
Throw a multimeter on it: A good sensor should read about 200 ohms of resistance at 'garage' temperatures. (The resistance goes up with increasing temperature.) If its reading zero thats a short circuit, if its reading infinite resistance thats an open circuit, either way the sensor is junk or the wires are broken.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
I had the same problem , but once I put a new probe in , the codes went away. Maybe that's not the problem on yours?

Premium Features