• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help finding part for "salad bowl" clutch

A
Dec 24, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Well, I am still going through my "new to me" Hawk, and found a worn part in the salad bowl clutch ('04 600HO Hawk factory clutching). I went to the local Ski-Doo shop, and they were zero help. Didn't know what it was, what the clutch was, what the part number was, bla..bla.. bla.

I know, the salad bowl clutch is garbage, but I am trying to get the Hawk fired up for the first time. Can't afford new clutching right now, with everything else I have done. Just wanted to keep the clutches so I could at least try to ride this thing.

The part I am looking for is refered to in the manual as: spring compression limiter, part # 0440-2018. Mine is totally worn down, with metal fragments and rust left behind. I cannot even tell what it really looked like.

Any help? Does anyone know of a model and year of a Ski-Doo sled this same clutch was on, so I can get help at the dealership? How about a part number?

The dealership refereneces everything to year and model of sled, so when you say SnowHawk...they have no clue how to help you.

Thanks in advance. I'm close to firing this thing up for the first time...and need to get the clutch together.

AkBillyBow

Last edited:
C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
If you want to get the part from the dealer tell them its a 550 fan cooled sled, like a 2005 550 summit. Same clutch.

Last edited:
A
Dec 24, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Thanks cj. I have to fly to/back Fairbanks for work tomorow. I figured I would check AM&D or CC in ER on the way home. If I can't find one, I'll give you a call tomorrow night and purchase it or a whole clutch from you.

Thanks...AkBillyBow

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Found the same problem however I am looking at the Doo Fiche and do not see a spring limiter! Was hoping that it was a BRP part #. Best place to get the limiter?

Premium Features