• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got my life saved by MTNTK

M

MBR44

Nov 26, 2007
Gaylord, MI
Big help from MTNTK

Well here is a story of appreciation.
I purchased a push turbo at haydays. There was my first mistake. His kit sounded too good to be true and it was. Didn't get the actual kit until Dec 24th. It was missing a ton of parts, most importantly a tune so wasn't able to start it until new years. Kit was way off fuel wise, extremely fat then extremely lean. I had to hound Joey at bikeman to get me new bullydog tunes. Which it wasn't his fault push had no idea how to tune the axys. Well after purchasing $1500 in clutching and a pcV it was still no better than a stock axys even though I was running 7lbs. I sent him over 40 data logs which never seemed to make anything better. The plumbing made no sense. It never worked. On a data log it seemed I was good, 12.7 afr, 7lbs of boost but it was a turd. I finally got fed up and based on the advise of forum members PM's I called MTNTK with my fingers crossed. Shawn and Chris were more than accommodating. I purchased his set up minus the turbo, exhaust and wastegate. I plumbed in the intercooler, extra cooling, oil and bov plus some custom fab work to fit the charge tube. I got it all together and finally took it for a rip. Holy **** what a difference. Spot on, no hesitation or burble. I leave for BBA tomorrow and can't wait to get to the Colorado mountains to beat on it. Massive thanks to the guys at MTNTK for getting me going. After 5.5 months of smashing my head against the wall I am up and running. FYI don't purchase a push turbo. He promises so many things, none of which are true. I learned a huge lesson which cost me $5900+. The smile on my face now is well worth the wait. Thanks Dan

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Based on the title I was expecting to read about an avalanche that almost took you out but the throttle response of your turbo allowed you to get to safety.

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
I agree with you. I spoke with Sean a couple of time and has been extremely helpful. Seems to be one of the only kit builders that stand behind their kits.

I have dealt with a couple of other turbo kit manufactures and had the same experience. Once they get your cash they have no interest in helping you solve readability problems. I would name names but then this post will turn into bashing and defending.

Premium Features