• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got a Case of the Bogggs

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
Am new to the KK and picked up an 04 the other day. Liking the sled accept for one thing.....I can only side hill on my left. Every time I stuff the exhaust in the washington concrete the motor damn near dies or I have to turn out of the climb due to power loss. I made a small deflector that drops down about 1.5-2 inch below the end of the pipe and this seems to help a bit but is far from great. It seems like if this was any longer or larger I would snag it getting in and out of the truck or on a stump. Lets see some pics or your fixes for the bogg.

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
bog

if you like quiet you can get the cat muffler upgrade that exits out like the m chassis. If you have a can style muffler I always rebuilt mine to run out above the shock pointing out.

Cheers

S

Slednadz

Oct 19, 2011
if you like quiet you can get the cat muffler upgrade that exits out like the m chassis. If you have a can style muffler I always rebuilt mine to run out above the shock pointing out.

Cheers

Any pics or advice on how to go about this rebuild?

S
Dec 20, 2008
Bothell, WA
I don't have any boggs on my sled, here is what I have done:
Taped up air box vents by secondary
Gutted airbox
SLP pipe + silencer
Rejetted: 35 pilots, 390/400 mains for 5K feet +

Personally I think leaner pilots and taping up the hot air vents help the most.

B
Jan 1, 2009
Stevens Pass
bog

I have the bog in deep snow with my MC 900 EFI. I am gutting airbox and running a dryer hose out through the tac hole. What did you use to cover the hole and keep water/snow out?

I think that in washington our snow is so wet that this effects us more. My sled runs great on the trail, but once you start submarining it, she bogs. Hopefully the extra air allows her to breathe.

S

Slednadz

Oct 19, 2011
I have the bog in deep snow with my MC 900 EFI. I am gutting airbox and running a dryer hose out through the tac hole. What did you use to cover the hole and keep water/snow out?

I think that in washington our snow is so wet that this effects us more. My sled runs great on the trail, but once you start submarining it, she bogs. Hopefully the extra air allows her to breathe.

SLP Part# 14-258

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
bog

here is a pic of a muffler I built. Works great and I had to do a few for my friends too. I also bring more air into my air box from higher locations and still using the stock ducting. You need all the air you can get to these big monsters.

Cheers

mis pics #2 009.jpg

S

Slednadz

Oct 19, 2011
here is a pic of a muffler I built. Works great and I had to do a few for my friends too. I also bring more air into my air box from higher locations and still using the stock ducting. You need all the air you can get to these big monsters.

Cheers

What kind of muffler is that?

E
Dec 17, 2012
I sealed off my air box. put two cold air intakes on the baffle holes. moved the rpm speedo to the right an used the left one for a pcv 90 degree pipe. put the lid back on the air box an trace out the inside of the pcv pipe with felt pen. looks pretty good too. a real cold air intake. also keeps the snow out.

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

A
Mar 11, 2007
Onoway Alberta
When I first got my King it would bog on right turns. I found out that it was a poor seal on the bellypan where the exhaust exited. I filled that with silicone and made a block-off plate for the intake which lives just behind the can. I can now sidehill or do doughnuts until I get tired.

Premium Features