• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 axys 800 idle issue.

A
Dec 28, 2021
Oregon
2017 axys pro 800. Last year I went on a ride and my sled would die when I came to a stop. Only way I could get it to start was to give it some throttle and it would die if I let off.

i took it to a mechanic and he replaced the throttle block and adjusted the tps.(this was end of season and I didn’t ever get to go for another ride)

this year I took it out and at first everything seemed fine. A little into the ride it was idling high and my sled would keep moving. Then a little longer into the ride it started just dying like it did before. So I knew what I had to do to get it started and just had to back. I noticed on the way when I was having this issue I would have to give it full throttle and it would bogg and it wouldn’t go anymore then that. I’d appreciate some leads to what this may be. Thanks

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Are the spark plugs firing like they should? Are they wet? Spray a little ether on the crank seals on both sides of the engine and make sure your idle doesn't increase.

Premium Features