• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Golf Cart with 1985 indy 400 motor carb?

C

ckopet507

Feb 1, 2010
Hey I was wondering if anyone would know how to get a indy 400 for summer riding because i put a snowmobile motor in a golf cart and just was wondering what you guys think so i don't burn it up? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP by the way the thing hauls A** it has a quad chain driven rear end in it.

R
Oct 15, 2009
Sisseton, SD
Is it a fan cooled or liqued cooled. I put a 440 fan cooled A/C motor in a golf cart. I used to original rearend and drive setup. It went about 45 and it was pretty scary. I'd say change the jets and get some good venting to keep it as cool as possible.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I put a txl 340 motor in a 6x6 max years ago. It worked awesome!!! I mounted a radiator out of a small car with an electric fan on it up on the roll bar. It kept things cool real well. Go hit a junk yard for one. Shouldn't cost you alot and will keep it cool. Like was said above, check your jetting, and play with your clutching. Have fun and be safe lol

Premium Features