• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI: 15.5 gallon Clear fuel tanks for IQ's 08-10

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Just a FYI... thought you guys might like these. I don't sell these nor do I make money from them.

Trailtank has released a clear High Capacity, 15.5 gallon fuel tank for the 2008 thru 2010 Polaris IQ's. AND they agreed to give snowesters a discount... $299 for the next month Call and mention that you saw this price on SnoWest for your discount.

Call Seth McBlair

503-318-3139

www.trailtank.net

These tanks are a direct bolt on replacement for the stock fuel tank, all pumps and pickups transfer over simply from your stock unit.

The clear tank keeps you from guessing how much fuel you have and the extra 3.5 gallons is great for you fuel-thirsty riders who never seem to have enough gas.

They also have the best, IMO, 2.5 gallon spare gas cans in Black, red, clear... and a cool rack to go along with it.

Here are some pix... more later

1-16.jpg

3-12.jpg

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Nice big tank, but could have been made to hold another gallon by moving the filler neck forward 3" and a couple inches higher and fill up some of the void under the console. Would be worth it though.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
What does that look like with the seat off?
Is that an air trap in the back where you can't get it totally full?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Scott and Marv... this pic should answer both your Q's.

There is a hose that connects the rear with the front to vent the area that otherwise would have been trapped...

Look in front of the tank... that space is partly filled in... the tank is 15.5 gallons.. pretty maxed out and still work well... with a 2.5 extra on there thats 18 gallons.. thats more tan my truck holds.

6-3.jpg

5-5.jpg

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
i have to buddys that have them on there 09 dragon short tracks they got them 2 weeks ago for the local crosscountry races . they are a nice fit. we cut the cap threds at the top of one of them so we could use a quick dump can on it where the stock tank you couldnt put one on.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
What are these quick dump things? Just a snapping flap for those who race can really get the fuel in faster?

Thanks,
Nolan

Basically yes. In alot of the x-country races, you burn mulitple tanks of fuel and refueling is done "on the clock". Kinda like a nascar pit stop. So yes, there are gas caps with a "flap" so you can stab and go.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
yes just like theultarider said its flat on top with a spring loaded cap and the take you hold in your hands has the same neck but the male end of it . you can put 10 gallons in your sled in about 10 to 20 seconds its much much faster

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
the clear idea is good so you can see how much you have left. i would like to see black with a clear line from top to bottom up on the front so you could still see how much is in there with out the big ugly clear tank . just my two cents :rolleyes:

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Would work great for Maech/April riding, probably still end up carrying 6g for the loger days and higher miles we put on up here. Black one would look way better though.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
once again mountainhorse is on top of the game. i have been watching the sight periodically to see when these were going to be out. think i'll have to get one. i like the clear so i can see the fuel level. you never really know with the stupid gauges they come with.

pv

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
Mtn Horse and I were talking the other day and thinking a person could get some custom vinyl made for it. That way you still have the benefits of the clear but with your own color or graphic to cover the areas you don't find visually appealing.

Nice part about the full length clear tank, is you can see how much fuel you have when the sled is not on a flat surface. I personally miss the clear tank I had on my Escape but that one turned yellow over time. This one is made from better material and doesn't do that.

I also think the clear will look good on a white sled.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
18 gallons ? are you kidding? No i guess not the turbo sleds running hard and big boost will eat that in a hard days ride for sure Thats a ton of fuel weight as stated.

Premium Features