• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel controller for D800

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
I was talking with Dr John from Kelowna and was picking his brain on clutching and the lean midrange burn down.His advice was to add a fuel contoller to alter the lean effect in the midrage.He says they are too lean so that they pass the emissions.adding fuel thru the midrage should also give it more power thru the midrage he added.Every turboed D800 he has built has not had the burn down issue.He has 8 sleds to turbo at the moment[I wish I could affored one]I will be bring him my sled in Sept for clutch work and a controller.Has anyone else here tried one without a turbo?

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I was talking with Dr John from Kelowna and was picking his brain on clutching and the lean midrange burn down.His advice was to add a fuel contoller to alter the lean effect in the midrage.He says they are too lean so that they pass the emissions.adding fuel thru the midrage should also give it more power thru the midrage he added.Every turboed D800 he has built has not had the burn down issue.He has 8 sleds to turbo at the moment[I wish I could affored one]I will be bring him my sled in Sept for clutch work and a controller.Has anyone else here tried one without a turbo?

I installed a DYNOJET PC III on my 2007 DRAGON 700 (a few bolt-on mods in my signature) this past January, best $365.00 I've spent on this sled. Purchased it from DYNOTECH Jim, came with all the correct mapping. www.dynotechresearch.com (585) 993-2777
Jim has dynoed several D-800's and has the correct mapping for several combinations from stock to mod.

When I first installed it I had difficult starting problems, sent it back for a micro-switch update/replacement, NO problems since, takes all of 5 minutes to install.

My D-7 used to almost shut-off between 5000-6000 r.p.m. Now I've added 5-7% MORE fuel, that dreaded mid-range stumble is GONE!!!

Surprisingly, mileage remained about the same, 10 m.p.g. even w/richening up the mid-range. Yeah I know mileage should have gone down, but I check it with every fill-up and it's stil about the same. Maybe I'm on the flipper more than I thought???

I'm 5-10% LEANER on top, first time plugs are reasonably close to having proper color, used to ALWAYS be black prior. 1200 miles since installed, still happy, 3700 miles total.:face-icon-small-coo

P
Nov 27, 2007
I've had a power commander on my d 8 since it had about 150 miles on it and it really worked well. With the new updates to the d 8 we will have to wait for new dyno sessions to take place at dynotech to design new maps.

Premium Features