• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front PTO Mount bolts on 2007 -2009 CFi's problem avoidance

J
Jan 26, 2010
I found out that this same bolt had broke on my 09 D8. I ended up pulling the engine. It was not that big of a deal. When putting things back together I notice that the adjustment on the torque stop was way off. It was about .250". It was tight so I do not believe it backed off. Just was never correct since new. I have 1500 miles on mine.

Has anyone else that had the broken bolt hat this issue also? What do you think is making these bolts break?

I did not find this post until I had the engine all back in. I had used the OEM Polaris bolt, but after seeing it's accessible buy pulling the primay I'm going to change to the grade 9 or ARP. Anyone got any extra ARP bolts (don't need to buy 5)

ridgeclimber

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Maple Ridge B.C.
broke pto mount bolt

I was just inspecting mine. It appears to be OK. I was wondering does that bolt thread into a threaded hole on the bulk head? Or is there a nut on the bottom side of the bracket. If so do you have to take off the plastic body panels to get to the nut.Thanks for the good preventative maintenance information.

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I believe that 07 700's had a 7/16" bolt and PTO front mount. I also have seen that the 10's have the larger bolt and mount stuff. Is this only an 08 and 09 issue you guys are having?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Exactly right Rick... I cant, for the life of me, figure out why polaris downsized the bolts from the 2007's

The 10's do have the larger bolt...same as the 2007's... but the Better quality 3/8" bolts are holding up very well.

The bolt they used on the 2008/09's was pretty poor quality IMO.

Premium Features