• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

for all you guys "parting" sleds... I.S.O. a solid rear flap, stock or aftermarket.

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
for all you guys "parting" sleds... I.S.O. a solid rear flap, stock or aftermarket.

Hey guys... rather than just hitting up each and every parting out thread to see if anyone has this part, I figured I'd just make one thread and see who has it or maybe someone can recommend a good one.

The previous owner had installed a long piece of conveyor belt rubber or something similar as a snow flap on the end of the 162 track. The thing was so long and loose that it would just catch the track and ride up & over... blocking the cooler from getting the benefit of all that cooling snow up under the tunnel.

Being afraid of overheating on the trails, I trimmed it down enough so that it would stop catching the track and covering the cooler. Well, that left me with a rooster tail the likes of which nobody wants to ride behind, even on the trails.

I've seen some of the harder rear flaps for sale in the aftermarket... the kind that when mounted, are long enough to block the snow but solid enough to stick out away from the track. I'd really like to pick one up and figured it can't hurt to see if someone has what I'm looking for on one of these many sleds being parted out.

Sorry for the long story for such a simple and inexpensive part. Just want to find something that'll work right the first time. I haven't got money to waste trying something out and buying something else when it doesn't work as needed.

Preferably, simple black... but if it's got a white or orange sabertooth cat on it... I can live with that. ;) No green though... just wouldn't look right on a black/orange sled.

Premium Features