• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

diamond drive gearing

M
Dec 16, 2007
montana
diamond drive took a dump last week. Gonna have black diamond rebuild it, but cant decide what gearing to put back in it. I know i want to gear it down just don't know to what. Going on 05 m7 that is basically stock, except for some clutch work. Any suggestions would be great.

05 m7 stock for now
99 polaris mod

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Each tooth is about 3%, I would suggest going either two or 3 steps lower for a naturally aspirated sled. Of course depending on what you are after. 54/66 have been popular for the M-7's gives you a LOT of lowend with a 70+ top speed at full shift out going down the trail.

Again it depends on your type of riding and what you are trying to acheive...

Mike
BDX

M
Dec 16, 2007
montana
Mike talked to you on the phone on friday I'm not to concerned about super fast top speed, just want to pull harder in the deep and climbing. We spend most of our day dropping into holes and boondocking the 54/66 might work good for me. Unless you think my riding style calls for something different.

thanks Cory

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
Each tooth is about 3%, I would suggest going either two or 3 steps lower for a naturally aspirated sled. Of course depending on what you are after. 54/66 have been popular for the M-7's gives you a LOT of lowend with a 70+ top speed at full shift out going down the trail.

Again it depends on your type of riding and what you are trying to acheive...

Mike
BDX

I thought the M7's hade 53/67 gears in them stock.

Jason

Premium Features