• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Delaminated Belt, who else?

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
So yesterday I was out riding my 2009 Nytro with MPI's stage one kit on it. And at the end of the day less than 2 minutes from the trailer I hear this loud thunk sound from the sled. I stop immediately and look around, dont really notice anything ( I honestly thought it was a chunk of ice that had formed and fell off from under the tunnel) and the sled keeps going just fine so I ride back to the trailer.

Well I get to the trailer and I am taking off my free ride pants and I notice my boot and pant on the left side are covered in strands of fibrous belt cord. So I take off the side cover of the sled and this is what I find.

1-21-2014096.jpg

1-21-2014095.jpg

1-21-2014094.jpg

1-21-2014093.jpg

Anyone else have this happen where it splits like that?

Its the first time I have lost a belt on my sled.. Had that belt for 4 years haha

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
It's called change your belt yearly.... And if you haven't done a clutch kit then do that also!!
Increased hp=more weight needed in primary clutch. It will also increase your belt life & sled performance.

Last edited:
T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
In looking at those pictures I would make sure that you clean up your clutch sheaves really well. Use a scotch brite pad and scrub down where the belt rides to get all of the clutch residue off of the clutch otherwise it could effect the way the new belt breaks in.

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
It's called change your belt yearly.... And if you haven't done a clutch kit then do that also!!
Increased hp=more weight needed in primary clutch. It will also increase your belt life & sled performance.

The clutch has been adjusted to compensate for the new power. And I know that I was pushing it with the belt, it just made me chuckle that it lasted that long. I mean I had an extra belt and wasnt in any danger at all.

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
In looking at those pictures I would make sure that you clean up your clutch sheaves really well. Use a scotch brite pad and scrub down where the belt rides to get all of the clutch residue off of the clutch otherwise it could effect the way the new belt breaks in.

Alright ill get in there and clean it down and make sure that there isnt any residue left to mess with the new belt.

Premium Features