• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

D7 with SLP single?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I know it says only 6hp... is it worth spending the money on?

The reason I ask is my buddies D8 went backwards with a SLP single. Until they did some serious clutch work and added a tuner....

thanks... justin

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
no, it's not worth it.
The only reason you would want to do a pipe and can combo would be for weight loss. It doesn't do anything really for HP or torque.

At elevation you are only looking at maybe 3 HP, and I don't care who you are, you can't feel 3 hp.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Let me throw this in there. If I have the motor eventually ported for a single pipe will it matter if its a SLP pipe or stock... how much the porting wakes it up?

Its the wifes sled and I should leave it alone, but I cant keep my hands off anything. I even modified my daughters walker.... :rolleyes:

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
pm thedougdanger on here. He runs an 07 d7 with an slp single, unionbay/fastrax porting and fastrax's contoller. That lil d7 rips! Oh, and a set of heads. He gives d8's fits....

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I was hoping to stay away from a controller, maybe a reprogram instead... guess if that would be necessary so be it... would like to have a nice little sleeper sled... eventually

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
If you are going to be getting into the engine and messing with the porting and such, yea, it becomes worth it then. If putting the pipe and can on is the first step in a real mod sled, then go for it.

you may want to check with the wife and make sure she is good with it.
If mamma ain't happy, no one is.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Her first priority is to get a nice suspension set up first....... the port wont come this year, but next.

Since there isnt much 700 info on here, maybe we could make this the official D7 thread? I would be interested in seeing some clutching info or anything on these sleds....

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
I think with Carls Cycle porting on the 700 you just need their re-map (no box). Fastraxx/Unionbay porting you need their box. SLP pipe/can really wakes the sled up with porting but in stock form I agree, you won't feel anymore differance than you would with just a can.

Premium Features