• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

D7 Hard to start

C
Dec 26, 2008
D7 trouble warm starting

My 07 Dragon will start with 3 to 4 pulls when cold. However, once warmed up I can be out riding, turn it off and it will require 7 or 8 pulls to get it going again. And the only way it works is to do 7 or 8 hard pulls right on top of each other. Then other times, it starts back up with just 1 easy pull. Once its running, it runs great. Any ideas? Has about 1300 miles.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Way better running with the Champion RN57YCC's over the NGK's. Are you ingesting snow and icing up the throttle bodies by any chance? Thaw everything out and seal up the air intake plenum and add a bottle of IsoHeet.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Your D7 should always start in two pulls as long as they are full pulls. One to prime and one to start. 2800 miles on mine and it never fails. This doesn't help your problem, but I'm just letting you know that 4-5 pulls is not right.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Hope your dealer is close by. Very soon have the sled checked for low voltage at the ac/dc converter. Running it should be close to 14v. the next step in your future is the ecu going away; it will happen so get it checked poo will pay

C
Dec 26, 2008
A year later and I'm still dealing with this problem. I had the dealer set the TPS and clean throttle bodies. I can almost always get it to start with 5 or 6 hard pulls. There appears to be spark and fuel so I don't know if its flooding out or what. I'm gonna check my spark plug gap. Could fuel filter cause this?

Premium Features