• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cutler greaseable block off plate help

C
Jan 22, 2013
So I got a greaseable oil block off plate from cutler performance, and I'm wondering if you leave the old oiling sleeve in or remove it when you put the block off plate in

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Yes you need the sleeve, it supports that end of the shaft. I fingered some grease in the cavity first and pushed the sleeve back in then fingered some more grease in, cleaned the sleeve plate and then the plate with some grey gasket.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Yes you need the sleeve, it supports that end of the shaft. I fingered some grease in the cavity first and pushed the sleeve back in then fingered some more grease in, cleaned the sleeve plate and then the plate with some grey gasket.

The Cutler blockoff REQUIRES that you remove the sleeve I believe... otherwise there's no way for the grease to get in. Am I way off on that?

C
Jan 22, 2013
well i tried leaving the sleeve in packed grease in it and then out put the plate on with some high temp sealant, but when i went to pump the grease in it just came squirting out the sides so im pretty sure you have to take the sleeve out. any body else with input would be much appreciated

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
If I remember right with that one cutler wanted you to cut some slits in the sleeve for grease to get thru.

Last edited:
A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
If I remember right with that one cutler wanted you to cut some slits in the sleeve for grease to get thru.

Yep and I think I didn't want to do that so I put the zerk in the bottom of the case instead. Forgot about that, it's been a few years.

Premium Features