• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CPC turbos?

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
CPC turbos rip. I have m8 race turbo. I can turn mine from 7lbs to 15lbs in 10 seconds. I can run straight 91 or striaght c16 with my boss noss. all turbos require attention but theyre pretty easy nowadays. Attitude controller is the way to go.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Blackfoot Idaho
I like the way there set up is with the exhaust and intake. All the ones that exit in the side are just to loud. Dont get me wrong i like loud just not abnoxious. How does the intake do? I dont run headlights will that be a issue or will it help? Hows the fit and finish? Is the attitude controller user freindly? Never been around one.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I'd like to hear some feedback as well. Looks like 2 kits to go with and this would more than likely be my first choice. Freak, how's it go? Driveability? Compared to other turbo's you've seen? Would you buy it again?

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
Thing about Dale is he is a perfectionist to the point it almost irritates me cause I am not :). But its a good thing. He also will back his stuff up and will be here next year. As for the sled, to use an overused term "it rips." It will hang with modded natural sleds out of the hole and smoke them on the top. Seriously, bring it on RKT. Only probs Ive had were 1- reeds blew at 15lbs with nitrous and 2-deto to motor damage when a buddy held my nitrous on WAY TOO LONG. dale told me the kit was only good for 12 lbs but I have run 15 all day long, do not go off of that your on your own over 12. Other than that the sled runs amazing. A natural sled will always have better low end response than a turbo, dont believe anyone who says dif, but if you dont ride a natural sled you will not notice lag, its very responsive.
The install was long but worth it because its so clean. The intake works flawlessly, You will have to swipe the snow off the vents once in a while in the pow but thats normal with any sled. headlight removed no prob but you will want to block it off with a bdx kit or something.

Yamaha24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
2 race gas CPC turbos for me and my bro's

I have a 2007 m8 162 this years CPC turbo, and a 2009 CPC m8 153 turbo, I am new to the turbo world,BUT I AM officially an ADDICT!! once you go turbo life is just not the same you can see things in a whole new light!! As Freak said Dale is a perfectionist, he will make sure you understand all there is to know about your new turbo setup and either him or Jay will always be there for customer support..

I do not run the amount of boost Freak does I only run 9-10 pounds, that is plenty for most... I have had some guys ride my 162 that turn the boost down!!as far as the little bit of lag you will get WELL... You will forget about that after the first time you grap a hand full of throttle..

Put it this way if you ride cats and love em like I do.. The turbo only enhances this experience!!

To put it in a little perspective for ya,, I just sold my fully modded 2009 m1000 it had a RKTEK Head, porting, speedwerx exhaust, RKTEK clutch, CPC Air intake,ect... My m1000 was untouchable by any other m1000 I ran with, climbing boondocking ect.. and I sold it after one ride on a TM8, as far as which one was faster well the m1000 was pretty close with the turbos on the FLATS, on the mountain forget IT!!!
You will have to make sure you are careful when climbing on your TM8 not to jump to high off the top of the mountain:D and land on the other side:eek:

HEADLIGHTS.. my 07 runs no headlights, my 09 has headlights... either way it works excellent, I like where CPC sucks the cold air from! just plain works!

As for buying again?? well already told myself no more but I am thinking the black 2010 with a cutler turbo would be a nice addition...

Sad thing for me I believe my 09 season of riding is over for fear of divorce also have work to do...

anyways get a turbo you will have the time of your life!!
Everytime I am out and somebody rides one of these they get off with a smile!! and then they start shopping:D

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
08 cpc tm8. im a believer but iv run mine different than most. iv run it on 91 all year at 7 lbs and a few times to 9 pounds and no issues. 1400 miles on boost and only problem was with the diamond lite drive. no burn downs, no reeds, no graphoil seals, no nothing. as far as performance, like was said above. point it up a hill and it will go to the top......fast. :beer;:beer;:)

Premium Features