• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chute Pictures & Discussion Area

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
chutepic.jpg

BF is this the one.

B
this one is well over 900 feet , there is more like this back there , I will see if I can find some other pics from 2yrs back , this is still not as long as the one I want to see ghost TRY , hard to believe there is stuff like this on the border of New Mexico , bring on the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

B
does that work? sounds logical i guess. what i am wondering is if it would make the sled pull to one side?

in deep powder it does not pull to hard , in spring time or no powder you can wrap one on each ski , then you will actually have to give it gas to go , to do the reverse deal it has to be in reverse BEFORE you start your drop , fynn I carry a old belt for this reason , and a new one , when I do the reverse trick............:D ask tim about the reverse trick

T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
The reverse trick works well as long as the 14 guys in front of you haven't scoured the slope to bare ice. LOL. Just kidding BF.

I smoked the hell out of my belt one day going down a steep hill. The trees were like a slalom course and I wasn't sure if I could make the last two so I gunned it in reverse...rev limiter kicked in, belt smoked but I MADE IT. Stop, clean out pants, change belt, ride on.

That was the day that we scouted that new path that everyone said couldn't be done. Well, we did it. Remember that guys? We got stuck in the river bed and finally found this spot to climb out.
047.jpg

Then BF stuck his helmet in the snow and it came up looking like this.
050.jpg

That was fun.

B
that day was a blast , thats the kind of sledding I like to do , going places most others would not even think of going , thats how I found all that stuff in the far back , NOBODY ever goes back there , :D:D , this season will be awesome , we gotta ride hard and get ready for the jan trip

B
when I go to climb a chute or a big hill I only go up half way ,on the 1st run for 2 reasons , to get a better look whats up there , and to get a track going , what irks me is the guys who TRENCH or go till they get stuck , then leave a big hole and ruin it for the rest to do , its easier to just turn out , BEFORE you bury it................

Premium Features