• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carry over snowmobile

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
At the rate the snow is falling buyers will be in for some good deals next fall
Already seeing it. Mainly seems to be Polaris snowcheck backouts, even seen some cheaper than my 2023 holdover was, and I thought I got a pretty good deal on mine. Should've waited a few more months!

I couldn't believe the price jump in the 850 models this year. I paid $17k for my wife's 23 Khaos with 7s, exact same thing in a 24 on the dealer's showroom is $19,600 right now. Another dealer that advertises a lot on FB has them priced $1000-$1500 cheaper though, I think they're already getting nervous about inventory levels!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Already seeing it. Mainly seems to be Polaris snowcheck backouts, even seen some cheaper than my 2023 holdover was, and I thought I got a pretty good deal on mine. Should've waited a few more months!

I couldn't believe the price jump in the 850 models this year. I paid $17k for my wife's 23 Khaos with 7s, exact same thing in a 24 on the dealer's showroom is $19,600 right now. Another dealer that advertises a lot on FB has them priced $1000-$1500 cheaper though, I think they're already getting nervous about inventory levels!
if the weather patterns don't change in a big way in January, I think there will be a TON of unsold sleds left over that will need to be disposed of!

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Here in the Midwest and over on the east coast we get less and less snow every year. Now you really can't count on the season getting started until into January and usually ends early to mid March. I am seeing used sleds staying up for sale longer and prices are starting to drop.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"

Buddy and I were just talking about the prices of the 850's for 2024, and how much they went up. He was at the doo dealer recently, and their 850's are bout 2-3k less.

I don't get what makes poo worth so much more. I've never been interested in doo as I just can't ride them. Although I spent a short amount of time on a gen5 last year; felt like I could get used to that chasis. Next sled I may take a serious look at doo.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Here in the Midwest and over on the east coast we get less and less snow every year. Now you really can't count on the season getting started until into January and usually ends early to mid March. I am seeing used sleds staying up for sale longer and prices are starting to drop.
Seeing the same thing here in Idaho.
The listings seem to be lasting LONGER and the prices are slowing getting LOWER.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
In my area seems like if sleds aren’t sold by January 1 they have to really discount them
I suspect there is something going on mentally that as we roll into the new year our brains start looking forward to Spring/Summer and less people are "Excited" to make that new sled purchase in the middle of the season.

ANTICIPATION may well sell far more sleds than actual snow ever does...

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO

That is crazy. Just grabbed a 2023 boost for $17,000. Lots of dealers still have 2023s sitting in their showrooms too... If those aren't selling at the silly prices they are advertising who tf is going to buy these 2024s???

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
A big dealer in Central mn I counted 250 polaris crates and over 100 ski doo crates plus close to 100 sleds on the floor and the sold area. Not to mention 200 sxs at a minimum. I have been told that their other store has similar inventory on the ground.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
A big dealer in Central mn I counted 250 polaris crates and over 100 ski doo crates plus close to 100 sleds on the floor and the sold area. Not to mention 200 sxs at a minimum. I have been told that their other store has similar inventory on the ground.
POWERLODGE?

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
POWERLODGE?
Mies. i dont think the power lodge has sold that many sleds in 5 years. very ****ty dealer. they got bennington up in brainerd and only sold 3 all year so they also let rec outlet have bennington which went to the power lodge and picked up a couple pontoons to sell

Premium Features