• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Buyer Protection Agency

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Buyer Beware When Making An Aftermarket Purchase...lLots of BS out there which ultimately may effect your purchase.

DPG

just this post or do you have something real?

2014 in your currently and a poo badge... kinda like you suck Kcid but don't like to feel gay?

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Moderator shut down a thread IMO should have been allowed to air out. If vendors are having issues the consumer has the right to know before dropping there hard earned $$$ with a particular vendor....Lots of SlimShaddys out there.

DPG

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
DPG... I actually agree with you if there is a concern with a company or their products from us the consumer... The forums is the perfect place to let others know about their experiences in a factual, rational way.

There is a big difference between that and finding any where you can to complain about a product you don't like.... regardless of who you are.

As far as business' complaining about inter-company issues they may be having with each other... that will no longer be permitted on this forum anywhere as site-policy from Admin... Nor will long, drawn out vendettas against a mfg.

As I have said, and other mods/admin have said, We encourage you to voice any issues you have with a product you own and have issue with. That is helpful to us as members to know about your issues to make good decisions based on actual consumer experiences. As long as it is done in a rational, thought out presentation... that does not bash/badger members or manufacturers incessantly across the forums whenever that person or mfg is mentioned...You are encouraged to post it up. That will only make our forums a better place for all.

The company "wars" does not benefit the forums or readers and is point of irritation for many on the forums here and a big complaint with members and mfgs alike.

In some of the threads in different sections of the forums, threads look like soap operas that are so far off base and border on slander or are outright slander and just are not a good idea to allow to continue on the forums.

The majority of the members are simply not interested in this drama... even though a very small portion of members actually thrive on it.

Here is a copy of the post that put in the thread that was TEMPORARILY closed. I stick by it. Some won't like it... some will.

Scott and I have deleted some of the posts above and I am closing this thread for a day of "cooling off".

And before the "censorship" or "communist" or "Nazi" comments come flying off your keyboard... think about it for a moment please, and think about weather or not you have anything meaningful to add.

I will re-open this on Tuesday morning and hope that we can keep the tread on topic.

As a notice... There will be no more airing of business grievances in this type of thread on the forums PERIOD.

Although...

IF you have a particular issue with a particular mfg... and want to present it in a well though out, level-headed way... please post this up in its own thread, one time... and do not interject this into other peoples threads. If you elaborate well and clearly.

If you are a manufacturer airing a protest against another mfg... those threads/posts will be deleted. The forums just don't need to be cluttered with this kind of nonsense ...and no, the public does not have a right to know your inter-company grievances... Nor do we care to see a bunch of dirty laundry being aired by companies. In the end, it soils the reputation of all the people arguing.

Shanes comments and Brad's comments above were very sane and did not throw mud at each other.

I seldom put my foot down... and don't like doing this... I want to start the season off on a good foot and don't want to see it get denigrated into a pizzing match.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
There you have it folks.
Freedom of speech oppressed right here on the internet.
Many wars were fought and millions of people died for the right and freedom to think, say and write whatever you want.

But hey, this Snowest. We will control what you read and what you talk about.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
There you have it folks.
Freedom of speech oppressed right here on the internet.
Many wars were fought and millions of people died for the right and freedom to think, say and write whatever you want.

But hey, this Snowest. We will control what you read and what you talk about.

First Ammendment doesn't protect your rights on a private forum.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK

It should! It protects you in every other public and private venue. Why is this any different? Your titles are moderator not dictator or propoganda perpetrator which you knowingly or unknowingly do thru your censorship / protection of certain chosen mainstream advertisers.

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
As a community of snowmobilers regardless if at times we agree or disagree there is a basic fundamental...As a group of snowmobilers we are each other's eye's & ears protect one another

I know with 100% certainty that some moderators protect there friends that are vendors.

I'm just calling it the way I see it.

DPG

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States

If this site were 100% free I would agree but it's not??? SW collects $$$ from subscribers and $$$ from vendors and SW censors what they wish....9 out of 10 times the vendor wins because they bring in the advertising $$$$.

I really don't care if vendors screw each other motor sports industry is cut throat.... But often times that ends up screwing fellow snowmobilers who spend there hard earned $$$ with these vendors. That my concern fellow snowmobilers.

DPG

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
My point was not that I have First amendment rights on a private forum.
My point was for you, the mods to think about how you only permit certain things to be read(censorship) and how you don't permit comments(free speech) when you close a thread.
Just sit back and think about it for a bit.
This is a slippery slope that erodes the very reason why we live in this wonderful country. Not Cuba, not Mexico, not Saudi Arabia.
Sure, this is a private forum and you own it so you can do what you want. I agree.
Just because it's a private forum doesn't make it right.
Now, that being said, there are some threads that get of control, I have been in a few myself. Sure, give 'em a warning but just because someone cries about a thread is no reason to close it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My point was not that I have First amendment rights on a private forum.
My point was for you, the mods to think about how you only permit certain things to be read(censorship) and how you don't permit comments(free speech) when you close a thread.
Just sit back and think about it for a bit.
This is a slippery slope that erodes the very reason why we live in this wonderful country. Not Cuba, not Mexico, not Saudi Arabia.
Sure, this is a private forum and you own it so you can do what you want. I agree.
Just because it's a private forum doesn't make it right.
Now, that being said, there are some threads that get of control, I have been in a few myself. Sure, give 'em a warning but just because someone cries about a thread is no reason to close it.

Actually it DOES make it right.
Not only is this a PRIVATE FORUM, this is a PRIVATE COMMERCIAL BUSINESS that has very specific internal rules regarding what IT has determined to be appropriate content to be posted on it's website.

When any post, for any reason, is determined to be in violation of those internal standards, WE RESERVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO REMOVE IT.

In its simplest possible terms..

The SnoWest Forums exist to PROMOTE THE SPORT OF SNOWMOBILING.

Not to facilitate Manufacturer or Product BASHING, Personal Attacks or Vendettas against other members or businesses.

We are , in essence, a benevolent dictatorship.

BDLogo.gif

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Actually it DOES make it right.
Not only is this a PRIVATE FORUM, this is a PRIVATE COMMERCIAL BUSINESS that has very specific internal rules regarding what IT has determined to be appropriate content to be posted on it's website.

When any post, for any reason, is determined to be in violation of those internal standards, WE RESERVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO REMOVE IT.

In its simplest possible terms..

The SnoWest Forums exist to PROMOTE THE SPORT OF SNOWMOBILING.

Not to facilitate Manufacturer or Product BASHING, Personal Attacks or Vendettas against other members or businesses.

We are , in essence, a benevolent dictatorship.

BDLogo.gif

So in summary the essence of your internal policy is to protect the businesses that are paying your salary, some of which are there strictly to in business to fleece the unsuspecting consumer of their hard earned money and when we factually represent those facts; our posts will be deleted.

Just how does that promote Snowmobiling?

Sounds more in tune with crooks helping crooks "No witnesses" Mafia mentality to me. For the record.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Holy Chit !!!!....

We really need some snow.
We really need Yamaha's delivered

Let see ummmm ....

We really need lots of snow
We really need red/white, blue/orange, blue/white Yamaha's to show up

Let's see ummm ....

We really need lots of powder
We really need to have a good year