• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

broken oil line?

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Seen several of these that had rub issues on the oil lines. Someone correct me If I am wrong but I think they had a bulletin about it which but a sleeve over the line in the places where it rubbed.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
When I had my motor out I compared the factory routing to what the manual showed and it was not the same. I assumed the manual was right as the factory routing caused excess rubbing. It is possible to reroute most of the lines to not touch anything. I did put a flexible sleeving over anything that looked suseptable to even the slightest rubbing. You can find the stuff at most auto stores. Just like the stuff they use on the lower radiator hoses to protect them. Gees I wish I would take more pictures of these things. :doh: Anyway, I know one of them was half pinched by right injector (as you sit on the sled). I believe I routed that one to face reward of the motor so it would hit nothing at all. That one was very simple and painfully obvious. 2 of them were crossed down by the pump itself for no reason. Also very obvious as this was the reason I checked the manual. It just didn't look right. Those were the ones that were wrong from the factory. Careful use of zip ties go a long way too. Again, I don't understand why a person like myslef who doesn't have a degree in engineering can figure out this stuff, but yet Polaris can't. It doesn't take much experience to know that 2 oil lines rubbing together is going to wear out. Or, if an oil line rubs on the block itself or a torque arm it will wear out. :noidea:
I'm sure your dealer replaced the broken line, but it is unlikely they fixed what caused it. It's almost summer. Time to tear the sled down and go over it with a fine toothed comb.

Premium Features