• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost Bog

T

tigepoo

Oct 31, 2014
Biggest influencer in my experience is moisture content of the snow. I've had lots of days on my 22 boost with no bog and lots of days with a bog. I had many right hand turn bogs yesterday riding the same area you where kyle

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Biggest influencer in my experience is moisture content of the snow. I've had lots of days on my 22 boost with no bog and lots of days with a bog. I had many right hand turn bogs yesterday riding the same area you where kyle
Agreed. I'm in Truckee. MY 22 suffered from intakes icing up. Once I modified intakes that was reduced significantly.

MY 23 with additional snorkel and the stock 23 powder valve and intake bogs are a thing of the past.

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I’ve had bogging issues also
‘22 boost 165 pro
Installed additional Fire-N-Ice intake vent and also new intake boots from RPM SxS
Hopefully it fixes the problem
Mine would even do it on straight pulls in tracks
Bog down to 7100 RPMs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IowaM1000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2007
Curious what you find. My 23 has 120 miles on it now and has a terrible bog. Randomly bogs at 7000-7400 when pushed to WOT. Definitely wasn’t a powder problem?? Happened on left hand turns and straight pulls as well.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Curious what you find. My 23 has 120 miles on it now and has a terrible bog. Randomly bogs at 7000-7400 when pushed to WOT. Definitely wasn’t a powder problem?? Happened on left hand turns and straight pulls as well.
Check your P22 clutch

Pull the cover off, pull belt off— make sure that moveable sheave is sliding smoothly over bearing and not sticking.

7400 rpm can be E-VES valves commanded to mid-position. This can happen if clutch sticks and crank angle sensor senses an “over-acceleration”

IowaM1000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2007
Thanks for the tip? supposed to take it to the dealer as well and they want to plug it in and check things over.

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
Boost big confirmed. Had it happen 3-4 times in endless pow. Wondering if extending the shield would help.

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Check your P22 clutch

Pull the cover off, pull belt off— make sure that moveable sheave is sliding smoothly over bearing and not sticking.

7400 rpm can be E-VES valves commanded to mid-position. This can happen if clutch sticks and crank angle sensor senses an “over-acceleration”

Would you see any codes for that or no ??

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
This symptom is not limited to a deep snow/exhaust evacuation issue. There are many causes to the Polaris Boost Bog.

Well they better figure their S*** out because when you spend over 20 grand for a sled that won’t run correctly it can really piss a guy off. After being on a Polaris 20 years it might be time to jump ship
I guess I’ll see after I ride it tomorrow

J
Nov 25, 2019
I had a bit of a bog/hesitation the other day. Took the sled to the shop yesterday for an exhaust valve relearn…..mechanic tried a bunch of times to do the relearn but it wouldn’t work. Waiting to hear if Polaris is replacing the cable

Premium Features