• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker #'s for SLP pipe

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
what belt, I had a bog anytime I punched it or 1-2 second delay with the 060 belt( seconday not keeping up going to a 44/36) but with the 046 no bog, but the 60 pulls harder with the bog than the 46 without.
I'm actually at 51psi F/P. Loads up on the bottom a little when putting around thick trees but on a hard long pull the temps stay down. I'll prob back it off a little once I get my clutching working right.

I'm running the 60 because i felt that it did pull better once i got into the higher rpm's, i haven't tried the 46 since i put the pipe on. might have to try it

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
frostbite if you are planning on using the dealer in L town I wouldn't count on it, Cost me a lot of money last year because of that same thinking. I could say a few choice words about him, but the guys that work there are good guys.
I can't keep my temps down going down the trail so I just burp the throttle on the trail.

N

never enough snow

Dec 7, 2008
Guys, I have to ask aquestion related to this topic.

I was riding at 5-7,000 feet yesterday with my 09 M8 with the stock airbox and SLP single pipe setup and no fuel controller.

What I was seeing on my EGT gauge scared me and frankly, I had to quit looking. They must somehow be wrong but I know I was seeing well over 1,300 degrees (1346 was the highest I remember seeing before I quit looking). The right cylinder was a tad bit hotter then the left. Heck, if this was correct I should have been going home on the end of a rope. This was in the midrange. At WOT I was more like 1,100 degrees.

I should have pulled and checked the plugs but, I did not. The dealer installed my pipe before delivery and I have a two year warranty so I figured, hopefully if the sled burned down they'd take care of me. I was running 89 octane since there seemed to be no agreement between 87 and 92 octane. The fuel pumps in this entire area say "up to 10% ethanol" so that may be the issue right there.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm almost scared to look at the pistons and skirts or ride again without a fuel controller.

Thoughts?
if you run cheap gas things go boom 91 min no ethanol burns to hot need to add fuel with it

Last edited:
Premium Features