• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bikeman Boost Can is a Dud

B

Boosted Billy Goat

Oct 5, 2021
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Installed a Bikeman muffler for my 22’ boost. Not sure if it’s the new Polaris ecm updates or bad luck but it sucks. Sputters in mid range and fouled a plug within first hour. Sled has never fouled a plug or sputtered with stock can on. Reinstalled stock can, changed plug…ran perfect for a week out in IP last week, zero issues. Can design may be a dud? I have a call into Bikeman, I’ll update with their response asap. My buddy installed a boondocker can on his sled, indenticwl to mine, ran awesome all week out west, great sound. Stay tuned….get it…tuned…as sorry…lol

B

Boosted Billy Goat

Oct 5, 2021
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Yes first and only plug fouled. Ran great before and after removing the can. I’m not a mechanic but it seems fairly obvious the can causes the issues. Lots of other guys reporting same thing with bikeman cans on boosts so it’s not just me and I’m generally a fan of their stuff…put their stage two sniper clutch kit in my 9R for same trip to IP last week, was amazing. Still waiting for a call back from bikeman….

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Usually the 23’ update map runs much cleaner than the stock 22’. Shouldn’t be fouling plugs with the 23’ map, it runs very good

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Yes first and only plug fouled. Ran great before and after removing the can. I’m not a mechanic but it seems fairly obvious the can causes the issues. Lots of other guys reporting same thing with bikeman cans on boosts so it’s not just me and I’m generally a fan of their stuff…put their stage two sniper clutch kit in my 9R for same trip to IP last week, was amazing. Still waiting for a call back from bikeman….
So did you try and replace the fouled plug before taking the can off and see how it ran. I get that it never fouled a plug but **** happens. Probably the first thing bikeman will ask you also. Have one boost that has a bikeman can and it has never skipped a beat.

B

Boosted Billy Goat

Oct 5, 2021
Thunder Bay, Ontario
No, I was leaving for a week out west the next day, so ripped the Bikeman can off snd put stock back on. What i Can Tell you is Bikeman sucks at customer support. Four calls over five days, not one call back…got shuffled to Tom left detailed VM, then was told some Trevor guy is who I need to talk too…left VM, then yesterday it’s Joey the tuner…left VM….while you listen to an automated message on how important it is to them to provide good service snd suppot bahahahah. Im done with thsee clowns…eBay it is for the Bikeman can. I’ll buy a boondocker since it works awesome on my buddies 22 boost. What else should I do after four attempts to just talk to someone at Bikeman? Beg them? They can FO.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
No, I was leaving for a week out west the next day, so ripped the Bikeman can off snd put stock back on. What i Can Tell you is Bikeman sucks at customer support. Four calls over five days, not one call back…got shuffled to Tom left detailed VM, then was told some Trevor guy is who I need to talk too…left VM, then yesterday it’s Joey the tuner…left VM….while you listen to an automated message on how important it is to them to provide good service snd suppot bahahahah. Im done with thsee clowns…eBay it is for the Bikeman can. I’ll buy a boondocker since it works awesome on my buddies 22 boost. What else should I do after four attempts to just talk to someone at Bikeman? Beg them? They can FO.
Unfortunately that is the standard bikeman experience.

IowaM1000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2007
Tried to make their 900 kit work on my alpha a couple years. Blew up twice even after Bikeman put it together and dynoed it themselves. Never did run right. They are a complete joke for sure

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Have two buddies in our riding group with tuned boost sleds, one has a full BMP setup, the other a full tuned speedwerx setup. The speedwerx sled has WAY more bottom end and response, it seems like their clutching works way better. Seems like speedwerx has their boost package dialed in!

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Still no returned calls after three detailed messages left over a week. Save your hard earned dough boys, do not buy from these guys…they’re words on service and quality do not match their inactions…
Sorr to hear. I have a new extra Diamond S titanium can for a boost. lmk if you’re interested.

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
Everyone has short memories, they have always been a shet company with shet products and ridículas performance claims . Just happened to be first to market on the boost and everybody looses their senses.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Buddies 23 Boost with their can was running perfect… doesn’t mean they all do.

I will give Bikeman credit on fit and finish of some of their newer stuff I’ve had. They’ve come a long ways in that department.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Ride with a 21 Doo turbo with bikeman stage 2. Leaves black streaks in the snow, and last week fouled a plug. Definitely runs rich, and lost the snappy bottom end.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Jason McMurray from Muskoka Freerider YouTube videos had nothing but issues as well with his '22 boosted sled with Bikeman parts. Many of the same issues you described. Ruined a few days of riding out west for him.

Cracks me up when these guys plaster these company names all over their sled wraps before they even run their stuff or experience their horrible customer service.

psychosledder73

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Fernie BC
I've given it to them on the boost/9R page a lot, only pipe I ever bought where I lost rpm . Was years ago on one of my cats and they beat around the bush on how it somehow made more power done lower but it was a turd

Premium Features