• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Shocks?

R
Nov 24, 2005
Ok Racers, I need a unbiased opinion on the best front shocks that you guys are using and why. I've been told that the FOX EvolX are the Best. I've rode on these and I thought they were amazing. But I've heard from other that the Exit Shocks are better. I was at the Snow Show this last weekend and there was a display that had both shocks on a example press. I have to admit that the Exit shock felt better. But who set up the Fox shock?? I sure that if I walked over to Mark Holtz stand and asked him if that Fox shock was set up correctly??? I'm sure he would have something else to say. Has anybody been on both?
Thanks

~Rookie

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
EXIT...........Fox EvolX.............. Both dang good shocks for sure. Guys use both setups for racing on the circuit, but I don't use either so I can't give any personal tips on performance. I would ask yourself a few questions like.....

What's my riding style?
Where do I ride, and what are the conditions usually like?
What do I want out of the shock(s) itself i.e. cost, performance capability, adjustability (compression/rebound), etc...

Take that info and call the companies up. I'm sure they would tell you exactly how they would set you up for your style of riding, then you can choose. If your pocket book can handle either one, the rest will just be that tingly feeling you get after doing some talking.

ZBROZ Racing will definitely get you the right setup for EXIT shocks. Not sure where you live, but you probably have a FOX Shocks dealer somewhere close to contact. Good luck.

racer

S
Nov 28, 2007
Hey rookie. Love the evols. Have never ridden the exits so no comment there. Hopefully someone with exit experience will respond unlike r 220 the typical snowiest dumbass who responds to post out of sheer boredom and offers absolutely no relevant information pertinent to the thread.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Hey rookie. Love the evols. Have never ridden the exits so no comment there. Hopefully someone with exit experience will respond unlike r 220 the typical snowiest dumbass who responds to post out of sheer boredom and offers absolutely no relevant information pertinent to the thread.

Thanks for the helpful advice stoney. I'll make sure to check with you for approval before I just throw my words on the table. How does this sound:

Rookie, you want some real input here you go. I somehow forgot I've ridden with both sets of shocks and they were awesome in their own ways. Evols were easy to setup and handled the bumps awesome without ever fading. Pretty light weight but carry the price tag to go with it.

EXIT shocks I liked better, but that's because I have friends that set them up to my personal riding style. Love the coil overs for running hillclimbs as they soak the bumps up without showing any signs of fatigue and I don't have to worry about ever losing pressure or bottoming out and breaking something on the big hits.

There's some relevant info that I hope persuades you into buying either setup. As for the second post, check your start date stoneyboy. Looks like you been providing more useless crap to look at then I have. :face-icon-small-con

racer

Last edited:

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Well, you know, I'm all about giving out information that makes the whole world happy. I guess I should clarify that (1) NO, I have not personally ridden any sleds with either shock set up (2) YES, I have had many, many conversations with others about the EXIT shocks and how they work, and some about the FOX Evols. You can take my advice above as valid information, but hopefully someone else chimes in after they clarify with stonehands about the information they want to put on this thread.

If your application is as racing-based as mine I would definitely give ZBROZ a call. They will give you good info.

ZBROZ Racing

racer

Z

Zbroz

Aug 3, 2010
UTAH!
www.zbrozracing.com
We are making it easier then ever to get the info you need. I am posted here to answer any questions you might have, so shoot me a PM anytime. And just a quick fact that may help your decision. Our shocks come with a "ride quality guarantee", meaning you will be absolutely happy or we will make the changes necessary for free.

Chris,
Zbroz Racing

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
At the Salt Lake Snow Show they had the Exit and Fox Floats on the press not the Fox Evol shocks. The Evol shocks (X or R) will ride much better than the Float.
Both the Exit shocks and Fox Evol shocks are top of the line.

Last edited:
S
Feb 12, 2008
i have brand new exit shocks on my dragon how do you ajust springs on the trail it looks to me like you need a spring conpresser.

Z

Zbroz

Aug 3, 2010
UTAH!
www.zbrozracing.com
You don't need a spring compressor. Just jack up the front end of the sled and pull down on the collar by hand. Once you have removed weight from the shock you should be able to move the collar fairly easily.

Chris,
Zbroz Racing

Premium Features