• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Polaris Chassis?

What one was the best in its day?

• Total voters

Ask Yourself

Lifetime Membership
Mar 14, 2008
You should start a new poll with the Pro-ride in it and I bet ya by the end of Dec. it will be THE BEST BY FAR.... Cuz it really is....

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
The thread says the best of ITS time not all time. Its pretty obvious that a Pro chassis is better now days than a standard indy chassis....

To me while it works SUPER WELL, The pro doesn't have enough time on the snow yet to be a clear proven winner in my eyes... HOWEVER the original Indy wedge was a GOD of a sled in its day. In its time no one could match it in performance or sales and there is a good reason for it.. Look at the sales record of the XLT ALONE.

I love the IQR, Raw chassis, and the Pro for what you can do on them they all really do make you a better rider especially the pro that makes riding so easy its sick.

Call me old fashioned but I can still throw my leg over a 98 RMK wedge or a Gen II pin the throttle for the day and come back with a smile on my face... My shoulders, neck, back and knee's dont feel too great the next day though.

Those sleds when set up correctly are about as predictable handling wise as they come, and to me are still fun to ride.

Last edited:
D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
I love all the chassis but the edge. Polaris has done very well I think on all the sleds. I currently ride an IQR it is amazing I love the durability and handling of it. The new Pro chassis is amazing as well but not as strong as my IQR

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I love all the chassis but the edge. Polaris has done very well I think on all the sleds. I currently ride an IQR it is amazing I love the durability and handling of it. The new Pro chassis is amazing as well but not as strong as my IQR

I hear ya. I really dislike the edge chassis. Never liked how it handled.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
I hear ya. I really dislike the edge chassis. Never liked how it handled.

The edge had some weird ergonomic quirks that needed to be addressed. The Narrow running boards are a joke, the seat sticking past the edge of the tunnel was one of the worst ideas ever, and the bar setup was sad at best. The Pro X in all reality was a much better platform. The front end setup was much more forward thinking and worked much better than the edge or the RMK. As was the steering setup.

What they should have done is incorporated the wider running boards onto the RMK tunnel and put a Pro X2 bulkhead on it with the more rider forward bar setup. I think people would have enjoyed that sled much better than the edge RMK. Oh well, what could have been I guess.

X
Jan 1, 2011
ND
What were they called before the Indy? Grew up riding a TXL 404 with twin pipes. Would out climb all the Indy's because of the lighter weight but dang it sucked on the trail.

I think all the chassis were great for their time except the original IQ's. It seamed like the Gen II and Edges were equal until the IQ Raws came out.

You really think that the GEN2 and Edge were equal? You do realize that a GEN2 is a wedge with a different belly pan and hood? I have had many Indy's, 1 GEN2, and Many Edges and the difference between them is night and day. Again IMO, everyones likes and dislikes are different. :thumb:

Premium Features