• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Polaris Chassis?

What one was the best in its day?

• Total voters

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
my choice-TRIPLE WEDGE!

Okay-I'll admit I'm biased and not up to speed on the new stuff, but I gotta admit I love the old iron. I had an '85 400 Indy when I bought my current sled, a '97 XLT RMK.

Ever since a buddy of mine in high school rebuilt a 400 indy chassis from the ground up I've been hooked. He dropped a Centurion 500 triple with pipes in and installed a 133" track (the "long" track of the day in 1989). He's also built a couple of Rotax powered "Rotaris" sleds along the way.

Gotta love anything with a triple!

J
Jul 8, 2008
phillips WI
The original indy was the best.Check the results on any I500 or cross country race from the 80's.Indy's won more than all the other mfg,s combined.Not even close!

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
I went from a Gen II to an IQ and I love it! So much easier to throw around, smoother, and is a blast to ride. Haven't ridden the RAW yet but I imagine it's even better! My .02

R

RATED-X

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2007
Wasilla
IQR for the durability, bar none the strongest chasis ive ever ridden. IQ cause I prefer the handling of thr IQ over the IQR

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
Until Poo widens the tunnel on the IQ's, my vote is for the edge (and the fact that I own one). That is the biggest downfall to the IQ's right now, not being able to put a 16 wide 3" camo extreme under one...

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
How is that such a big problem? It doesn't seem to affect the turbo mountain riders? Or the pro hill climbers?

If that is your only gripe with polaris' IQ raw....then i would say they have it pretty damn good.

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
What were they called before the Indy? Grew up riding a TXL 404 with twin pipes. Would out climb all the Indy's because of the lighter weight but dang it sucked on the trail.

I think all the chassis were great for their time except the original IQ's. It seamed like the Gen II and Edges were equal until the IQ Raws came out.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm really surprised on people choosing the Edge. I wonder if they have enough time on the IQ Raw to get the awesome feedback. I agree that the boards are not wide enough.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
The survey says "in its day" so I assumed it was being compared to chassis like the ZX chassis and the IQ Raw is being compared to the XP chassis and so on... and you can vote for more than one. If it said "to date" the IQ Raw and IQR would probably dominate this survey

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
outa the ol' trailing arm sleighs, the 97-98 CRC rack steering wedge chassis were the best. Low COG. i liked the coupled skid for climbing and jumping. 144 or 151 extensions plenty strong. chaincase had decent clearance, but you could bolt in an edge one for more...

hoods were crap.

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
I had to go with the Indy chassis, even though there is no way it is the best, haha. More of a bias pick because my 90 Indy 500 was my favorite sled I've owned. I rode a Rush last year, which was really sweet; and hope to get on a Pro RMK this year.

Premium Features