• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Boondocker #'s M1000

F
Oct 5, 2008
Seattle Eastside
Got a 2007 M1000. Has the 2007 flash (which I've heard I want to keep). I put in a BDX oil delete last year. I have a speedwerx pipe, can and Y. Looking for best #'s. I run mostly at Baker in Wa state and up into Canada sometimes. Probably mostly running between 4500' up to 7000'. Now that i've done the oil delete and gonna actually get consistent mixes (I'm gonna do 50:1), now I can do some tuning. Would love to get some numbers from guys (particularly in washington, Idaho or Canada that run the same elevations or types) that like their setup numbers.

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
all the delete kits that have been discussed on this forum...and there has been lots of them are either... 40 to 1 and ...32 to 1..with very few exceptions..

yes your right 50 to 1 gives you more gas in the fuel air mix so a richer gas mix...but the oil is so very very important...more so on the 1000 as there has been a few crank brg issues...just a few...so I would add more oil in the fuel and sure it leans the mix out because of the less gas...BUT...you have the box to adjust and im certain anyone that gives you box number recommendations are running 32 to 1 or 40 to 1..??

PM backcountryislife on this forum (he spends most time in the ski-doo section ) and if he can't give you the info you need he will turn ya to someone who can...

I just wanted to comment on your 50 to 1

F
Oct 5, 2008
Seattle Eastside
well I currently run 40:1 in my sled, and its still full of that. Had a conversation this am with a buddy who, convinced me to look into a richer mix because the lean is what will burn a motor up....I'll PM who you're talking about. thanks for the input!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
yes your right...but the oil is important as well...and you can have the "best of both worlds "because you have the controller...you can run more oil and rectify the leaner mix created with more oil by adding more fuel with your setting on your box to have the richer fuel/air you desire..

Premium Features