• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bad vibration after skid re-install

R
Sep 21, 2008
I just pulled the track and skid and installed new drivesahft bearings. Went to ride today and it acted like the track was rubbing bad and causing a vibration. I have the track aligned and tensioned properly... can't imagine what else it could be.

I also noticed that the inner most drive lugs seem to be chewed and chunked up a bit, but I just can't see where anything is rubbing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

R
Sep 21, 2008
Sorry... it's an '01 500 Mountain Cat with the factory 136".

The sled only has less than 500 miles and the Hyfax are like new. Everything was working great until I lost the speedo, which turned out to be the infamous driveshaft bearing. So I replaced both DS bearings with AC parts and now this?

Just thought i would check here to see if anyoine else had this issue before I tear back in to it.

E
Nov 26, 2007
Check your front skid shock, if the scissor is down and not up, it will tear up the lugs.

I just pulled the track and skid and installed new drivesahft bearings. Went to ride today and it acted like the track was rubbing bad and causing a vibration. I have the track aligned and tensioned properly... can't imagine what else it could be.

I also noticed that the inner most drive lugs seem to be chewed and chunked up a bit, but I just can't see where anything is rubbing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
check your track alignment - if its off it will vibrate at speed. your skid wheels in the rear need to ride in the middle of the min lugs on the inside of the track.

S

Shelfrost

Nov 28, 2007
Chetwynd, BC, Canada
Check to see if your rear shock mount has cammed over and is rubbing on the bottom of the track. Common problem. Will tear out all your inner lugs.

R
Sep 21, 2008
Hot dog, we got a weiner!

The lower rear shock mount is "cammed over" and rubbing on the inner drive lugs. It looks so obvious now.

Thanks for all the replies.

Premium Features