• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Back Yard Mechanics Grrrrrr......

G

Grizzly Adams

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 2, 2009
Ok I will give you a hint....his shop is on the South side of hwy and West of bradner.....lol....just so everyone knows I really just wish this guy told me when he got into it that he really didnt know what he was doing and that id be better bringing to someone else, and I would have been fine itleast knowing he MANED UP. But after talking to him on my cell phone when my spark plug wires kept popping off the plugs, when I was ridding whistler last week , broken down AGAIN and I felt that he really wasnt to intrested in helping me anymore, I said f%$k this and just deleted his number out of my cell phone and honest to god I put it up for sale later that night. Im glad I never sold it now that its at Howies Marine in Prince George. They found alot of things wrong with the work that BRAD of Powder Assults did..oooooppps. Howies says she is going like a raped ape now. Pulls super hard, so Im excited to get it back!!!! Now we just need snow...

:beer;Ding Dimg Ding we have a winner wil yap to all my buds out that way. Glad the PG boys are hookin you up for real.:beer;

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Let us know how it works when you get it back, its in the right place now anyway's the guys at howies are a great group passionate about snowmobiling they will fix you up. How did you end up coming to P.G. with it?

Z

zx7thrills

Oct 11, 2008
langley b.c
I learned of Howies from my pal who grew up in P.G but now lives in Vanc. His parents still live there so hes up there a few times a year. Me and him and another pal bought our sleds from Howies last fall. Hes always told me how the owner there is real hands on and how everyone there are really into sleds and making them work well. So my pal headed off the P.G for a few days with my sled and will be back tomo. The owner and my pal are up on the hill as we speak making sure all is good... So my fingers are crossed!!!

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I think that for any service work you have to have an estimate done and approval must be given for the work to be completed. You can't just drop it off and pick it up with a big bill like that. You could take him to court or if he takes you to court bring the guys that fixed it and also maybe see if an attorney can have another 3rd party who has nothing to do with the case serve as Arbitrator (when 2 parties can't agree on in this case services and fees). Just might get yourself set up so he doesn't try something stupid like file a judgement or lein without you knowing about it until you try and sell it or pull credit.

Z

zx7thrills

Oct 11, 2008
langley b.c
Well I have sled back now, and were going to hit Whistler tomo as its been dumping there for the last few days, and suposed to be a beauti day.....I sure hope my sled is all good to go. I talked to the owner of Howies in p.g and he said running great now. 200hp all day, said it rips. Said what ever BRAD (old mech) did they just ripped apart and put back together the way that it should have been. Fingers crossed

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Glad to hear it sounds like all is well. Good to hear someone has a twin pipe setup for M1 that is able to work.

Z

zx7thrills

Oct 11, 2008
langley b.c
Ya well I learned you can twin and enjoy the 200hp on my m1, as long as you have someone that can tune. I will say this though, living in the Lower mainland and not having a Cat dealer (little one in chiliwack) dont count though, If I could do over...I wouldnt twin again... just to finiky setting up and the twin kit that I bought is 2400 us (on cutler site) so over 3k from normal mech, id save up abit more and turbo instead!!

Premium Features