• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

attack 20 track straightend

searchandrescue

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
The fastest way to do it? Reverse the track, find some nice new blacktop, (hotter the better), do a burn out, and run in to some snow. Done.

Slowest way? Make a tool or 2. Weld 2 pieces of metal, the length of the lugs, on to a vise grip. Clamp it on the lug hanging from the bottom. Heat it up with a torch till just right. To hot it will melt the lug. Cool down and repeat. This way will take about a case off beer.

F

Firecat162

Nov 7, 2008
British Columbia
Just like searchandrescue says, two pieces of flat bar welded to a pair of vice grips, clamp to lug, heat up with a torch or heat gun, bend lug and cool with water to set.

Most guys port the tracks by grinding the teeth off of a 1" -1 1/4" hole saw and drill/melt your way through the track.

When I ported and straightened my 162 attack 20 it was a 8 beer job! We drank another 16 just for the hell of it!

R
Jan 2, 2008
Don't mean to butt in, i have one on a sled i bought, Seems to work really good for set up snow, cause that's all i really got to ride it in. Just curious if you guys think it works as good or close to a power claw in powder and climbing? So far a like it alot, thanks

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Don't mean to butt in, i have one on a sled i bought, Seems to work really good for set up snow, cause that's all i really got to ride it in. Just curious if you guys think it works as good or close to a power claw in powder and climbing? So far a like it alot, thanks

Nope, they tend to trench more.
If you want powder performance, run it in the powder position... If you want a better all around track, buy the powerclaw.
I will have a maiden voyage on my straightened A-20 153 this weekend.
Buddy runs a 141 straightened on his M7... He gave up some performance in the pow, but overall he likes it better.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Some of these and a heater of some kind eg a torch or heat gun.
ebay032.jpg

Premium Features