• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

summitbound

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Benalto , AB
I have a 2008 M8 with 4 years Warranty,the first year is A/C Warranty with no Deductable,
the 2,3,4 Year is Arctic Care Warranty, with a $ 50.00 Deductable per Visit.

Do I have to go to A/C for the 2,3,4 Year Warranty???????????

F
Dec 15, 2007
good luck

good luck with that artic cat warrintey sucks i was on my first year of warrintery and they were fighting me on every thing. It will be your dealer that will make it worth it, if you have a good dealer they can do the fighting if its up to yourself like what i'm in just take the loss its not worth the head ache and stress.

Arctic Cat warranty is very good with me. It annoys me real big time about people expecting their sleds to be warranted after some modifications and whines about not getting fixed under warranty because sled has been altered in some ways in or out. Once sled is altered, warranty get voided PERIOD!

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
I was told by my dealer you have to go to A/C still for that warranty the Arctic Cat warranty the first year is awsome, but that Cat Care is the biggest scam there is, i had bought extra 2year of Cat Care for my old sled. Everytime i had something brake or wrong with it i would take it in and fight everytime with Cat Care would not say that it is warranty everytime, so what is the use of spending the extra money when it is never covered and you end up shelling money out of your pocket to fix stuff:mad:. My dealer here is awsome and would help me out all the time but when it comes to warranty (Cat Care) the dealer has to send pics or email a story to see if they are going to cover it and everytime NO. Sorry but just need to vent this Cat Care **** i hope no one buys this warranty extra cause you get ripped off BEWARE:mad:

Last edited:
F
Dec 15, 2007
ya if that was the case thats fine but you pick up a sled for 12000 dollors ride it 200km and the ecu goes then fight for warrintey. WITH NO MODS and then the stator goes and the rollors on my primary are wore out that i had to buy a new clutch myself and this is all under 1000km and 1200 bucks out of my pocket. So ya the warrintey does suck and and if you had better luck good for you and i hope this guy that started this thread has better luck then i did

M
Apr 15, 2008
Brigham City
It does not matter if it's a extended warranty on a sled, a truck or car, none of them are worth the paper ther are printed on, read the fine print and see what you are required to do in order to have them cover the damage, I bought one on a Ford truck and will NEVER buy an extended warranty after all the B/S that I went through, like paying up front to tear the diff down then we will see if we cover the damage ha-ha...Just a waste of money...My 2 cents worth:D

bcsnowdog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
frank mountain bc
had three year warranty on my 05 m7,arctic cat and cat care both treated me very well.in third year broke front torque arm and shock they covered it.

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
Purchased 3 years extended warranty for 1494.00 from a Calgary Arctic Cat Dealer[not Agro].
Cat Care informs me I do not have any extended warranty:confused::eek: of any kind, yet admit to having my money.
Have reciept in my hand.
On going battle. Be very Leary of this system because Cat Care and Arctic Cat are not the same company.
Principles of good faith LMFAO.
More juicy details to come . After we confirm the facts.

Last edited:

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Purchased 3 years extended warranty for 1494.00 from a Calgary Arctic Cat Dealer[not Agro].
Cat Care informs me I do not have any extended warranty:confused::eek: of any kind, yet admit to having my money.
Have reciept in my hand.
On going battle. Be very Leary of this system because Cat Care and Arctic Cat are not the same company.

That is the same thing i had they tried to sell me the 3 years extended Cat Care for $1400 at my Dealer in Wainwright AB. I refused it cause i am so sick of fighting over the phone with Cat Care everytime i need to get something fixed on Warranty:mad::mad:. I hope everyone will see this thread and not buy Cat Care Warranty:D

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
I would like to also state I have never put in a claim with Cat Care and am not presently doing a claim either.
I found this info out, when I inquired about ,How much warranty was left on my policy.
You can imagine my shocked reply when I was told. " You never did have a extended warranty plan with us, therefore you never did or have any extended warranty with us"
I replied but I have a reciept in my hand that shows I payed a Calgary A/C dealer 1494.00 for it.
Silence
Reply, Let me put you on hold.
Yes it appears you did pay for the EW but you dont have warranty:eek:
At that point all I can think of is the initial message" This call may be monitored or recorded"
Well how in the F A W K do I respond to the last reply without sufferenig from the evidence of the recorded call.
Next time I'll push 2 to have a conversation in French. Maybe BULLCHIT will sound better in a foriegn language.

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
I would like to also state I have never put in a claim with Cat Care and am not presently doing a claim either.
I found this info out, when I inquired about ,How much warranty was left on my policy.
You can imagine my shocked reply when I was told. " You never did have a extended warranty plan with us, therefore you never did or have any extended warranty with us"
I replied but I have a reciept in my hand that shows I payed a Calgary A/C dealer 1494.00 for it.
Silence
Reply, Let me put you on hold.
Yes it appears you did pay for the EW but you dont have warranty:eek:
At that point all I can think of is the initial message" This call may be monitored or recorded"
Well how in the F A W K do I respond to the last reply without sufferenig from the evidence of the recorded call.
Next time I'll push 2 to have a conversation in French. Maybe BULLCHIT will sound better in a foriegn language.

HAHA:D i feel for you man, i know exaclty what you are going through trying to talk to Cat Care on the phone when you know it is being recorded:mad:. I finaly had enough after phoning everyday getting the run around everytime, and just lost it on the phone words were coming out of my month i have never heard of:D Hope you figure stuff out Samurai:beer;

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
HAHA:D i feel for you man, i know exaclty what you are going through trying to talk to Cat Care on the phone when you know it is being recorded:mad:. I finaly had enough after phoning everyday getting the run around everytime, and just lost it on the phone words were coming out of my month i have never heard of:D Hope you figure stuff out Samurai:beer;

Sir can I put you on Hold means = Holly F A W K the response is not in the telly center manual. "DING DING I need a Manager with level 5 BULLCHIT training ASAP we're going down FAST.

Next response is " Sir we will have to get back to you"
Which translates to " The manager who tells me how to shister you is out for lunch"
"Thank You for calling Cat Care is there anything else I can do for you?"
LMFAO

F

freejay

Feb 24, 2008
Have reciept in my hand.

I took my M8 into (probably) the same dealer last saturday because my DD isn't shifting forward to reverse properly. They instantly wanted to sell me the Cat care extended warranty when they heard about the problem. I have less than one month left on the original 1 year warranty. I sure am glad I didn't have the spare cash to be tempted by them. I'm a little pi$$ed that Arctic Cat doesn't have enough faith in their product to give a 2 or 3 year warranty standard. I guess maybe part of the reason they are a bit cheaper to buy....

Hopefully they will fix the DD this time around and if it happens again I'll either find a used one or go with the DD lite

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
It depends on the dealer

I must admit the entire warranty thing is a bunch of BS.

But in all honesty it comes down to your dealer. If you have a dealer willing to go and fight for you, you have a warranty that will help you out. Now if you have a dealer that sucks, you personally have a lot of work to do, to get things covered.

I have been on both sides of this, I have had pretty good luck calling arctic cat customer service and twisting their ears.

But again it comes down to your dealer.

Thunder

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
So the story continues. Got a MESSAGE from the head of the Cat Care warranty division. 2 can play this game of " This message may be moitored or recorded for qaulity purposes."
He goes on to say that He is going to Pro Rate the warranty They would not honour.
2 of their reps have admitted to saying yes we have your MONEY. Both those reps have said NO you have NO WARRANTY. WTF It must have gone into the Christmas Party fund.
Both have said no we cannot put the warranty on now because the purchase time has elapsed. Yet I paid for the warranty on the date of purchase of the sled.
So return my money!!!!! Otherwise I believe it's called fraud and theft. You cant pro rate something you never honoured.
This is absolutely the most bizzare chit show I've ever been invovlved in.
press 1 for english
press 2 for french
press 3 for bum reaming
p.s. 3 is included in 1&2 as complimentary service to our valued customers.

sorry summitbound for hijacking your thread but I see you got your answer.

Last edited:

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
I hope Cat Care shut down that would be the best news i have heard in a long time:D. Wow i thought i had it rough but wow Samurai you have it rough. Hope it gets better it is almost impossible when you are dealing with Cat Care:mad:

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Slightly off topic, but does anyone remember what the warranty was for a snow checked 08 sled?
Reason I ask Is I remember giving up a year warranty for choosing a sno pro model.
I had a DD that was seeping from the case halves so I took it in to get the gasket update kit installed.
After the repair I was told it was out of warranty. (1year)
I thought I had a 2 year even after choosing the sno pro.
I checked my paperwork and there was nothing written on it.
Luckily I have a good dealer. He called cat and cat warrantied the update kit and payed an hour labor... It ended up only costing me about 23 dollars, but I was under the impression I had a 2 year warranty.

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
Been preoccupied with other matters, here is the latest update.
We did some investigating and found our reciepts for other current Cat Care programs we are enrolled in.
We have reciepts showing we payed over 1400.00 for another Cat Care program, payed to this same dealer.
Cat Care shows no records on file for the extended warranty.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
I repeat we are not putting in a claim at this time or have we ever on the extended warranty program.
I wonder how many other people pay for this service, that dont put in a claim realize what is going on.
We discovered all this just by inquiring about the time left on our extended warranty plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features