• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone thought about this venting the heat

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
$120.00... NO THANKS!
its not rocket science... I have done something similar, but I did it because my custom air intake draws air through the speedo hole location to a snorkel down to the front air box.
Save yourself some cash and do something like catsledman, or simply rivet a piece of plastic above the speedo hole and attatch the speedo to the plastic.
It makes it easier to see the guage, vents out hot air, and your speedo can still easily be 2-3" lower than the windshield. (this was my origional set up)
I have since moved my speedo to the right side of my windshield bag, attatched with a copule large rubber washers on the inside and I can still use the storage in the pack.
The speedo is angled up, so it is much easier to see compared to the stock location.
A piece of plastic, a couple rivets, and a piece of pet screen and you have the same thing and save a lot of money.

D
Nov 28, 2007
Does anybody have this and snow eliminators? I have found that since I installed my snow eliminators I have more snowdust on my speedo

Ya there is a vacuum bubble between your body and the wind screen. On the old 440 panthers there is a cut behind the window to let this vacuum out with that big tower of a window.

I bet this would work sick and I would get one for sure if there was one for the 05 M gauge cluster.

Cheers Don.

EDIT: here is a picture of my dads sled. I did get farther than him and had to take a picture. Tee he he.

Picture_161.jpg

Last edited:
S

sledhead699

Dec 10, 2007
whitefish, (havre) MT
this is what i did and it works great. havent had any problems yet. and it was cheep like 20 buck. and a hour or so. the first pic is the view standing up looking down at gage.

racewaypark020.jpg

racewaypark019.jpg

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
Hey Mr.699

That's exactly what I did to mine about a year ago, but yours is slightly less butchered than mine. Works awesome eh- you can actually see the tach!

Premium Features