• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone thought about this venting the heat

A
Dec 17, 2008
One of the dealers seen this last week and wondered what you thought? Lets you see your spedo better while standing up and also looks like it will vent heat out. Found this under Arctic Cat Billet Guage Cage, AMP AFTER MARKET PRODUCTS.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
You might want to put a pic or a link on so people know what you are talking about, but ya there are a lot of people that use the amp gauge cage, Chris Burandt even supposedly does. I have heard that it really gets the heat out.

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Here is a pic

AMP-9006.jpg

Ya this thing looks pretty cool and it might work good. But $120 seems excessive to me. Maybe i'm just being cheap.

The price seems high until you see it. Its made from a solid piece of aluminum. It is a quality product, but I'm sure some one will come out with one made out of plastic for half the price. I wrecked my last sled while trying to watch the tach after doing some clutching changes:face-icon-small-con. This product may have saved that trip to the emergency room. So yes I have it on my new sled. You can feel the heat coming out of it when your parked and put your hands by it, I think it would work even better if you are not using the stock intake( I still use the stock one).

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I love mine, cheaper than a belt, puts the guages in perfect position, 600 miles and no blown belts, no melting under hood. Engine and clutches run hard and stay in operating temps.

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Have you had any trouble with snow falling down there in deep powder? Ya, i didn't think about the fact it is made of solid aluminum. Well i might have to look into that.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
No, powder is not an issue, I have had some DEEP powder days this year in East ID, and Utah, several over the shoulder days with no problems, the angle makes it impossible for it to go in over the windshield. I ride with mechanics gloves and it works great for drying finger tips after pulling your friends out of the deep. It is easy to install, outstanding strength and quality.

M
Feb 5, 2009
I've got one on my M8. Works great just like everyone is saying. You can really feel the heat escaping. No real issues with snow coming in, although I have noticed a little when making super deep downhill pow turns but nothing to be concerned about. Quality product, a little expensive but worth it till someone comes up with a cheaper version.

S

Snow Junkie

Mar 9, 2009
If you look at one closely , I would say 120 is too cheap. There is alot of cnc time into the piece.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
wow, i would say if you ride the deep you'll be full of snow, know there are plenty of times my speedo is totally buried with snow... sure they will come with a prefilter soon enough!

D
Nov 28, 2007
wow, i would say if you ride the deep you'll be full of snow, know there are plenty of times my speedo is totally buried with snow... sure they will come with a prefilter soon enough!

IF your moving at any speed this will take the vacuum there is behind the wind screen and dash and relieve it. The snow will not get sucked up there and onto your lap and face like it dose now. Now if you lay the sled in the deep you would have to jamb it in there. If your moving not a problem.

The RTK set up is only $30 bones. I do like the idea of tipping the speedo.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I have an email into them asking for an 05-07 cage. I'd gladly get one. I was thinking of putting some SLP prefilter material on the back side of the hood, maybe glue it in around the opening. BUT dono's theory is likely correct. It'd be worth a couple rides with it to be sure.

Nov 12, 2008
It will work great but for some of these prices you can do a lot better. My light wieght hood only costed 250 cnd and cheap like borsch to vent just takes time to do the drilling and putting on screens

B
Dec 21, 2006
Does anybody have this and snow eliminators? I have found that since I installed my snow eliminators I have more snowdust on my speedo

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I have snow eliminators as well. I've noticed that the snow swirls around the hood/gauge a little bit. I bought mine used with snow eliminators already installed so I can't say whether or not it did that before they went in. When you're moving though, like Dono was saying, there will be hot air coming out of that hole so I don't think it'll be an issue. Like I was saying, I would maybe put some SLP prefilter material on the inside...not sure how it breathes though...

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
gauge hole

This mod works if you run some kind of front air box mod and don't use the stock plenum..........other wise the can't see top plenum vent is still sucking hot air/ hot steam/ hot exhaust and yes the speedo will let out some heat.

If you have owned your sled long enough to realize no one else will ever want it, make hot air out vents, seal up the speedo pod and vent it for only good clean cold air, if you do this though you will find some days you will be riding by yourself.......three this year in West Mont.

couple of pics from an old Post in 07

1 07 hood vents m8 speedo pod.jpg Hood pid w nw vents 10 08 shows all vents.JPG plenum bridge with new vents resized 10 18.jpg 1 07 underhood tape m8.jpg

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
quick update- Heard back from them:

"We should have one out next year. We made a prototype but the material cost is too expensive,(alot bigger gauge on '05-'07 sleds).
We working on a new design for release next year.
Thanks for the interest!"

Premium Features