• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone have problems with their pipe temp sensor

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
Pull it and check it with an Ohm meter. 0 or infinity = bad sensor. Check to make sure the wires aren't broken, if they are you might be able to solder them. Mine broke so I soldered it and it seems to be working just fine. Yours could be broken somewhere but still making intermittent contact.

D
Dec 9, 2007
Syracuse, Utah
On the 07 and 08 M sleds Arctic Cat bent the wire over and zip tied it.
I lost the sensor on my 07 M1000 and the dealer told me to leave the zip tie off because the vibration stresses the wire until it gives up.

S
Dec 8, 2007
Saskatchewan
in the last 70 or so miles everytime i get over 7000 rpm the light goes on, 1 blink then 7, every time. when you guys had problems, was there a big performance loss? im not sure if its this or my belt cause both seem to have gone to **** at the same time.

Last edited:
S

SnowBound

Nov 26, 2007
Central California
moflowvents.com
On the 07 and 08 M sleds Arctic Cat bent the wire over and zip tied it.
I lost the sensor on my 07 M1000 and the dealer told me to leave the zip tie off because the vibration stresses the wire until it gives up.

I was told that you need the zip tie on there so the wires dont flop around because there is so much viberation. I lost one sensor it tested bad and I was running the zip tie. I bought another one, it went out on the first ride and I wasnt using a ziptie. I checked them they both were bad. I cut one of the wires in half and tested it again. One connector failed and one sensor had failed. I cut and spliced the good pieces together used a zip tie and it has worked fine ever since.

D
Dec 9, 2007
Syracuse, Utah
We are talking about the same zip tie right? This is where the wire runs into the probe the factory bends the wire tight around the probe and zip ties it.
I left it off when I replaced the probe on my M1000 and then cut it off of my M8 and havent had any problems with the wire touching anything it works great go and look at the 2009 M sleds they dont have the zip tie on them.

K
Dec 23, 2007
Mine broke a 100 miles ago on my 08 M8.... still goes good, and since I started using mid grade as opposed to premium, even better.
I still get code 17 every now and again, and the wrench regarding the CCU?

No difference in performance.

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
Mine broke a 100 miles ago on my 08 M8.... still goes good, and since I started using mid grade as opposed to premium, even better.
I still get code 17 every now and again, and the wrench regarding the CCU?

No difference in performance.
Put on a new sensor/resistor and you will be amaced the diffrence,,
At least on my M12 when the egt got broken the sled lost a lot of rpm/hp.

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
I belive if Ac have used sensors from EGT technologys or of simular design we wouldn have had all this problem with sensors that brake.

C
Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
Have tried 450-490 ohm and they all work good, have over two years with them in a 07 M1000T and a M800T.
Kevin

A few questions....How did you come up with this resistance?? Did you check the resistance of a good sensor at operating temp?? Since this thing alters timing, wouldn't there be different resistance values at different pipe temps??

I've got a new sensor coming, but it would be nice to have the old connector with a resistor as a spare for the next time the sensor quits. I'm just trying to figure out the proper size resistor to put in.

Premium Features