• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone converted their can to tunnel dump?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
After hitting Rabbit Ears a few weeks ago, I need a better exhaust solution. I have a Skinz Ultra Q that exits in the stock location.

I would like to tunnel dump this thing. Has anyone made the change? If so, how? It doesn't look overly complicated at all, I just wanted to see how it was done.

Thanks in advance.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
changing times

years ago we had to convert our tunnel dump sleds to side pod dump, becasue we were convinced the hot exhaust in the tunnel created way more ice and sticky snow fouling our suspension ??

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If you've ever seen a tunnel dump sled in action in a couple feet of fresh, you'd know why you want it.

Looks like I have a project on my hands :)

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
dump

After hitting Rabbit Ears a few weeks ago, I need a better exhaust solution. I have a Skinz Ultra Q that exits in the stock location.

I would like to tunnel dump this thing. Has anyone made the change? If so, how? It doesn't look overly complicated at all, I just wanted to see how it was done.

Thanks in advance.
i have a hps 0n my 1000 that i converted to go out the belly pan , still had rpm loss in deep powder when cutting to the pipe side. put a 1 1/2" tube from outlet of silencer to tunnel . absolutley cured the deep snow bog.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
You need to seal your current exhaust outlet up. It sounds dumb but it works. I have a M8 with SLP setup and I sealed the outlet up with silicone and have had no bogging issues in deep pow.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Snow bog

tHE SNOW BOG issue on M1000 right side is not pipe plugging, but exhaust back into a stock engine compartment.......look at cat's 09 fix......exhaust gasket on the 1000. Lots of ways to fix the problem, running exhuast out to you back bumper would do it also. Of course you might still need to fix the air intake issue if you find real powder.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
the deep snow bog on the m-1000s is not an exhaust problem, as has been stated....it's a recirculatiion problem of exhaust gases coming back into the engine compartment and getting sucked into the intake air....the 09 silicone rubber shield helps significantly....i also siliconed the space between the bulk head and the plastic belly pan on the exhaust side....i had custom pipes, inc. make me a light weight can that fills the hole left by the stock exhaust, also making a metal shield that fits on the inside of the belly pan, right behind the silicone shield.....i drilled holes in the front of the air box and also the front of the belly pan and covered them with frogskinz to keep the snow out, combined with a speedwerx big air intake.....NO bog, even in deep snow with the sled laid over on its' right side.....seemed better to me than cutting a hole in the tunnel and putting that hot air onto the drivers....anyway, works for me..............

Premium Features