• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any issues running with the hood off on an 09 d8?

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
Does anyone know if there would be any issues on running an 09 d8 with the hood off. I have already fried the regulator and ecu and didn't want that to happen again.

thanks
tim

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
thanks for the link.

anyone try it on an 09 dragon. I used to take them off of the wedges, edges and gen 2's with no problem.

Good question, as far as the electronics / instruments go, how would this work? Spring is here and inquiring minds want to know...

Of course you could take the side panels off and try that, since the clutches are more exposed to the side than the top like in the older chassis sleds, maybe that would work better for cooling? Still it would be nice to lose the weight up top too.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
we need mtnhorse to chime in on this, because i plan on doing the same thing... i have the timbersled handlebar gauge mount tho so i will still be running my gauges other than the boost gauge, just no headlights.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
we need mtnhorse to chime in on this, because i plan on doing the same thing... i have the timbersled handlebar gauge mount tho so i will still be running my gauges other than the boost gauge, just no headlights.
Kinzer,
Any pics of that setup? Sounds sweet. How did you get the wiring to the stock instrument(s)? Seems like it would be easier to read hanging on the bars. I would really prefer a sweep gauge to the digital with idiot lights too, still wondering about the possibility of using a gauge set off an earlier IQ on an 08 Dragon, if it would work easily or even with some adaptation...

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
I'm running my 09d8 with no factory gauge and no head light and seems to be fine. I just have a 4 window digitron on the bars for egt, egt, rpm, and temp. If you search my posts you can see the setup, its for sale in the swap.

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
Tim, I always ran without a hood onmy 05 900 and my 07 700, my dad and bob ditched theres on there 08 7 and 800's too. Never any problems

Premium Features